British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest sem

Are they worth anything?

Guest sem

Hi there i have some coins in which i have kept and held onto from years back. Im 27 years old.

here are the list if anyone could give advice to how much they might beor if they are in any way valuble please let me know touchelle2@hotmail.com. If i could get advice if anyone knows where i can get more advice please. smashing thank you.

One Penny, Copper, good condition Elizebeth II 1967

George VI copper, Half Penny 1939

slightly worn, but good condish, copper. One penny 1916 George V

Two shillings, good condish, silver George VI 1948

One Shilling, good condish George VI 1948

Sixpence, george VI 1942 silver good condish

Half penny, good condish, copper, Elizabeth II

Best Wishes

Sara

touchelle2@hotmail.com

Sara,

They won't be worth much, unless they are very high grade. Good condish just isn't enough I'm afraid....Usually.

Where are you, perhaps we can go out for a drink, you can even bring your coins ;)

One Penny, Copper, good condition Elizebeth II 1967

George VI copper, Half Penny 1939

slightly worn, but good condish, copper. One penny 1916 George V

Two shillings, good condish, silver George VI 1948

One Shilling, good condish George VI 1948

Sixpence, george VI 1942 silver good condish

Half penny, good condish, copper, Elizabeth II

I am afraid that you will have to do a little better then good condition...does it have lustre (origional shine) for example...

Also, sorry to dissapoint you, but coppers were for Pre-1960 'Bronze' coinage, it was then Bronze from 1860 - 1992, now it is copper-plated steel :)

Coppers is slang :rolleyes:

Coppers is slang :rolleyes:

i know that, i was just being clever :P

That's what you call it, is it? ;)

Guest sem

Thanks for yor advice! Much appreciated. I have a 'New Penny' 1971 quite small Eliz II is that worth anything do you think? Were do people go to get a value on coins?

Not worth anything.

People find prices in either books or from experience!

Thanks for yor advice! Much appreciated. I have a 'New Penny' 1971 quite small Eliz II is that worth anything do you think? Were do people go to get a value on coins?

the 1971 penny will not be worth more then 40p; but that is only if it is in Uncirculated condition (hardly any scraches, with very little toning)

...we could give an estimated value if we could find out the coins grade :) ...

I e-mailed her about an hour ago saying basically the same thing as everyone else. :)

Guest Sem

Thanks again, but i havent got a clue about how to value anything due to its grade etc....all i can do it take it somewhere....where do I take it? I want to sell them if they are worth anyone. theres no point me having them if someone will get joy out of them for their collection! But it would be nice to see how much its worth.

!!!! :D

Spend it, no collector will buy it!

Frankly Sara,

You'll probably be wasting your time if you take them to someone, because in 99% of cases, with coins like that, they will be next to worthless.

Give them to a young relative, along with a copy of Collectors Coins 2005 when it comes out in September, that'll contain all the useful info needed.

Where did you say you were?

Thanks again, but i havent got a clue about how to value anything due to its grade etc....all i can do it take it somewhere....where do I take it? I want to sell them if they are worth anyone. theres no point me having them if someone will get joy out of them for their collection! But it would be nice to see how much its worth.

!!!! :D

As I said in my e-mail, many people are dissapointed to find that their loose change is worthless.

Guest SEM

Im from the UK:) Thanks for all your advice girls and boys its been good thank you,. :)

Last time I looked, we were all boys! You could not have known that though, never mind. :P