British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Jim

Old English Pennies £5 bags uncirculated

Hi Guys,

Can anyone help, I want to buy a couple of bags at least of 1967 1966 Uncurculated Old English Penny Coins. If anyone can help in locating some I would be very grateful.

best regards

Jim

Hi Guys,

Can anyone help, I want to buy a couple of bags at least of 1967 1966 Uncurculated Old English Penny Coins. If anyone can help in locating some I would be very grateful.

best regards

Jim

oops "uncirculated"

Hi Guys,

best regards

Jim

oops "uncirculated"

Hello Jim,

They often turn up in auction but the postage costs would be very large.

I never touch them as they are pretty much unsaleable. I can PM you if you wish the next time I see any listed at auction?

John.

Depends whether you want the coins or whether the bag is important to you.

If it's just the coins your best bet is probably to accumulate them from places like this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/100X-ONE-PENNY-ELIZABETH-1967-BU-MINT-BAG-/300520782375?pt=UK_Coins_OtherBritish_RL&hash=item45f86f3a27

Or you could try asking him where he gets them from ?

Now now boys, let's not get too disparaging, the copper alone is shooting up in value. I do agree though the postage would be serious. However I did buy a bag in 1967 and still have it with it's lead Royal Mint seal if you would like to make an offer; bearing in mind it is in Plymouth. Perhaps you are due for a West country holiday.

Now now boys, let's not get too disparaging, the copper alone is shooting up in value. I do agree though the postage would be serious. However I did buy a bag in 1967 and still have it with it's lead Royal Mint seal if you would like to make an offer; bearing in mind it is in Plymouth. Perhaps you are due for a West country holiday.

I still have my Coin Monthlies from that time! Amazing how every other dealer advert was for "investment opportunities" involving massive numbers of common BU late 60s coins. :rolleyes: What was heartbreaking was the prices of early milled where it was on offer - 1675 farthing GEF £12.50, anyone?

I still have my Coin Monthlies from that time! Amazing how every other dealer advert was for "investment opportunities" involving massive numbers of common BU late 60s coins. :rolleyes: What was heartbreaking was the prices of early milled where it was on offer - 1675 farthing GEF £12.50, anyone?

In one of my old mags the 1960 crown was claimed as the nr 1 investment....common G11 silver such as 1758 shillings or 1746 lima halfcrowns were cheap as chips....I think a study of the web,auctions can now identify true rareities. :rolleyes:

In one of my old mags the 1960 crown was claimed as the nr 1 investment....common G11 silver such as 1758 shillings or 1746 lima halfcrowns were cheap as chips....I think a study of the web,auctions can now identify true rareities. :rolleyes:

Oh Lord yes, I remember those "investment hot tips"!

- 1951 pennies (specify whether you want 1, 10, or 100 when you order)

- 1960 crowns

- one each of a well worn 1952 6d, 1946-49-50-51 3d, 1926 1st issue penny, 1912H 1d, 1902LT 1d, 1959S-61S-65S 1/-, 1934 2/6, etc

- 1968 Guernsey (or do I mean Gibraltar?) crown

- 1968 blue decimal wallets

- "First & last" set in Sandhill case

- 1953 plastic set

I'm sure I've missed some!

Guest spenmatjosh

i have 2 complete with lead seal £5 bags of uncirculated old pennies 1967 i have no idea what they would be worth any help would be a great bonus

cheers

i have 2 complete with lead seal £5 bags of uncirculated old pennies 1967 i have no idea what they would be worth any help would be a great bonus

cheers

That is 2400 coins.

However they just don't sell.

The copper scrap value is probably £100 ish.

Good luck in shifting them...you will need it. ;)

Near where I live there used to be a place that was an art store. Companies would donate excess stock of bottle tops, fasteners, plastic mouldings, buttons, metal oddments ... whatever they no longer needed. Then schools could visit and select materials they could take for free for kids to use in craft and art projects. That's probably what I'd do with the pennies if they were mine.

Alternatively there are places that have old penny slot machines that people can play with. I imagine people keep a few coins as souvenirs (*cough I did anyway cough*) and so they need to replace stocks so the games and stuff can still be operated. They might be prepared to make an offer, though I doubt it would be much.

Or finally, drill holes in them and sew them to a suit. A Penny King and Queen alternative to the pearly ones would be a hit at fairs I'm sure!! Though they'd be *blighters* to have to polish and would weigh a tun! :lol:

Near where I live there used to be a place that was an art store. Companies would donate excess stock of bottle tops, fasteners, plastic mouldings, buttons, metal oddments ... whatever they no longer needed. Then schools could visit and select materials they could take for free for kids to use in craft and art projects. That's probably what I'd do with the pennies if they were mine.

Alternatively there are places that have old penny slot machines that people can play with. I imagine people keep a few coins as souvenirs (*cough I did anyway cough*) and so they need to replace stocks so the games and stuff can still be operated. They might be prepared to make an offer, though I doubt it would be much.

Or finally, drill holes in them and sew them to a suit. A Penny King and Queen alternative to the pearly ones would be a hit at fairs I'm sure!! Though they'd be *blighters* to have to polish and would weigh a tun! :lol:

My last box went off to the local charity shop!! :)