British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Emperor Oli

Any other coin sites you browse?

I mean forums really, like this one.

I focus mainly here, as it's mainly a British forum. I breeze over Cooke's but not many people post on there. Indeed, most of the people who post come from here! I also look over Coinpeople but it's really too American for my liking, obviously because it's run by Yanks.

I found another a while back something like Coin Universe or Collectors Universe (there are some who patronise it on here) but I lost the URL so if anybody knows it, I'd be very grateful!

Edited by Emperor Oli

coin universe...

(this is the world forum part)

http://forums.collectors.com/categories.cfm?catid=6

Coinpeople is actually more world dominated than US dominated. If you think it's too US i suggest you avoid RCC and cointalk, and every other coin forum. Many of which talk about nothing more than slabbing, lincoln cents, Jefferson nickels, State Quarters, VAMS, Will the dollar bill ever be scrapped?, will the 'penny' [cent to us] ever be scrapped? and god forbid something that annoys the hell out of me, errors!

If i never see another post about error coins it won't be a day too soon.

Good to know this is the best for British.

I think it's certainly the most useable, not that there's any thing wrong with Cooke's, but I think this one has more features, and a more modern feel.

I sometimes use colin cooke's or coinpeople (i am new there)...

and yes chris, your site is the best i have found for british talk :)

I sometimes use colin cooke's or coinpeople (i am new there)...

and yes chris, your site is the best i have found for british talk :)

I'm honoured.

I find this forum has just the right mix of members to hold constructive enquiries and conversations about numismatics. This is definately the best forum for British coin discussions. :D

I find this forum has just the right mix of members to hold constructive enquiries and conversations about numismatics. This is definately the best forum for British coin discussions. :D

Maybe the idea had something to do with me being the youngest and most dynamic professional coin dealer ;)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure Colin introduced his after mine.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure Colin introduced his after mine.

and, colin only has a basic frontpage forum!

In fact I've noticed a few features and ideas that have cropped up on other websites after I introduced them first! :angry: Not naming any names.

When did you set up this forum Chris?

Over a year ago now, I started setting it up in May 2003 and 'turned it on' in early June, hence my membership date.

No question about it -- this is the best forum/discussion group on British coins that I've found on the web.