British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

All that's missing is a pair of suitable adjectives for forenames...

link

Damning endictment of our dysfunctional society though. :(

link

The only issue I have with it is why there isn't a '0' on the end of the sentences. And if we did it every time, we might clear these kinds of people away permanently, leaving the country a whole lot nicer place to live.

They must have inherited their unusual surnames owing to a strong trait of an ancestor! It's in the genes.

link

The only issue I have with it is why there isn't a '0' on the end of the sentences. And if we did it every time, we might clear these kinds of people away permanently, leaving the country a whole lot nicer place to live.

Completely agree, and a 6ft square concrete box should be a lot cheaper than the expensive prisons we are running at the moment

Completely agree, and a 6ft square concrete box should be a lot cheaper than the expensive prisons we are running at the moment

You missed the word 'under' out.

Poor lads...we just don't understand them...the surname is so funny and must be a millstone around their necks...maybe they should change it to Pleasant or Goodchild...stop drinking and treat other people with respect..can't see it happening.

Can't we export them to Aussie?..or even a arab nation who would soon sort this scum out.

They must have inherited their unusual surnames owing to a strong trait of an ancestor! It's in the genes.

True, I believe.

The adjective comes from a troublesome Irish family who lived in London in the C19th I think...

True, I believe.

The adjective comes from a troublesome Irish family who lived in London in the C19th I think...

Yes! My etymlo etymollo etimologi dictionary confirms this. :rolleyes:

They still live there and have spread....give em a sack of seed spuds and send them home. :rolleyes:

I think it used to work out at 2p per round for the 9mm pistol when I trained. 4p and a can of petrol solves the problem permanently! Or forget the petrol and just feed the crows!!

True, I believe.

So did my Irish ancestors; we might be related. Oh, the shame of it...

True, I believe.

Ah, but you could just as easily be related to "Hotlips O'Hoolahan" of M*A*S*H fame! Oh wait, that was fiction...

Hang on. Del, you've got Hoolighan ancestors?

Actually this inspired me to look at my genealogy records and investigate something.

Once they spend some hard jail time, playing their playstations, playing pool, football, watching tv, being fed and clothed etc.. They are sure to change their ways. :blink:

This is what i don't understand about the society in the UK anymore. Why do these 2 arseholes have to get involved in something that had nothing to do with them in the first place, then nearly kill someone for it. Glad i moved, as i've said before, the UK has gone pear shaped, i even read the other day that they have reduced police car patrolling due to petrol prices.

Then they want to close some jails, Britain and its sentencing and jails are just a freaking joke, no wonder people commit serious crimes these days, it just means they can live in comfort for a few years, just to be released and commit more crime, unbelievable.

Then they are paying immigrants who commit crime to go back home, JUST FREAKING DEPORT THEM!!!!!!!

True, I believe.

Innocent until proven Irish... :ph34r:

Hang on. Del, you've got Hoolighan ancestors?

Actually this inspired me to look at my genealogy records and investigate something.

No, no they weren't called Hoolighan, Hoolahan or anything like it but they were Irish and came over during the potato famine.

Did you know that everybody in the western world is descended from the emperor Nero?

Once they spend some hard jail time, playing their playstations, playing pool, football, watching tv, being fed and clothed etc.. They are sure to change their ways. :blink:

My brother in law was a prison warder and later an assistant governor before he had more than he could take. In his view half of the prisoners he encountered were doolally and should have been in the funny farm.

My brother in law was a prison warder and later an assistant governor before he had more than he could take. In his view half of the prisoners he encountered were doolally and should have been in the funny farm.

We don't have funny farms any more Derek. It is now "care in the community" or more accurately "keep the loonies on the streets because most MP's live in affluent areas and won't come into contact with them so they don't care!!!"

We don't have funny farms any more Derek. It is now "care in the community" or more accurately "keep the loonies on the streets because most MP's live in affluent areas and won't come into contact with them so they don't care!!!"

Hence more crime, hence overcrowded prisons. It's a vicious circle...

Did you know that everybody in the western world is descended from the emperor Nero?

I suspect everyone in the Western World is also the descendant of at least one Irishman!

link

The physical (extended) article arrived through the letter box today. Now I'm in receipt of a few more facts (assuming the reporting is true) I'm inclined to agree with you. The person assualted has brain damage and can't write or perform tasks safely with his hands such as making a cup of tea. The two offenders had 14 and 3 convictions respectively since 2002. 2 years is ridiculous, and why you can't take previous behaviour into consideration beggars belief. If I pick up a speeding ticket or tickets, they take those previous convictions into consideration and if enough points have accumulated I get banned. I'm clearly more dangerous to society than someone who is liable to assault you without warning or due reason. :angry:

Edited by Rob

link

The physical (extended) article arrived through the letter box today. Now I'm in receipt of a few more facts (assuming the reporting is true) I'm inclined to agree with you. The person assualted has brain damage and can't write or perform tasks safely with his hands such as making a cup of tea. The two offenders had 14 and 3 convictions respectively since 2002. 2 years is ridiculous, and why you can't take previous behaviour into consideration beggars belief. If I pick up a speeding ticket or tickets, they take those previous convictions into consideration and if enough points have accumulated I get banned. I'm clearly more dangerous to society than someone who is liable to assault you without warning or due reason. :angry:

I've tried to keep out of the more 'hang 'em flog 'em' aspects of this thread, but I agree with you Rob, that's patently absurd. The previous convictions are rightfully (IMO) withheld from juries, but the judge would know all about them when coming to pass sentence. Either the judge was a wet lettuce leaf, or what you said first about "assuming the reporting is true" has a bearing.

Would this not be a case where the Crown could appeal against an over-lenient sentence? If not, what was the ruddy act passed for?

Would this not be a case where the Crown could appeal against an over-lenient sentence? If not, what was the ruddy act passed for?

That's very true. They can indeed.