British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

davidrj

CoinManage UK 2011 - UK Coin Inventory Software

anyone tried this software

looks like it may be useful

David

David

Downloaded the free trial

I can add a coin and picture, but don't appear to be able to have a type not listed in Krause, So only one type of 1860 1d beaded border. Can have hollow neck 1911 1/2d but not the penny.

Very frustrating, I'll have another play later

David

David

Downloaded the free trial

I can add a coin and picture, but don't appear to be able to have a type not listed in Krause, So only one type of 1860 1d beaded border. Can have hollow neck 1911 1/2d but not the penny.

Very frustrating, I'll have another play later

David

Downloaded the trial version also, i think their prices are a little out though. What do you get with the full version, whats different? Had a little play with it myself, it seems good, my only issue is with its pricing on coin values which cannot be changed

Edited by azda

David

I don't trust any software that they haven't created a Mac version of :ph34r: And oh boy - I'd forgotten just how plug-ugly the XP system is!! (Window design, fonts, colour schemes, etc - didn't anyone bother to tell Microsoft "Hey, people have to LIVE with this awfulness!"?)

I will continue to use a bespoke database system designed and built up over many years :) Ok, it might not give me values for coin types I don't actually own, but for those I do, it lists valuations going back to the mid-60s. Not to mention a cunning algorithm that returns a valuation for all mid-grade coins ;)

I've been using Coin Manage UK for 3 years now. I over type the values that are not quite right. It has a couple of minor bugs but it works fine for my needs.

I've been using Coin Manage UK for 3 years now. I over type the values that are not quite right. It has a couple of minor bugs but it works fine for my needs.

I tried changing the values but it wouldn't overwrite them, although for now i'm using the free trial, so perhaps thats it

good programme, i think i will buy the full version if the trial is anything to go by.

Is there a way of adding coins that are not listed? If so I think I'll buy the full version

David

I tried changing the values but it wouldn't overwrite them, although for now i'm using the free trial, so perhaps thats it

It must be, I would think.

Is there a way of adding coins that are not listed? If so I think I'll buy the full version

David

Yes you can add a new coin or variety. Right click on the denomination you want to add in the collection window and then select Add Coin(s). Then scroll to the bottom in the new window that opens and you will see "Click here to add new variety". Just type in the year and press return. You can then add any new info required for the coin you have just added. It's all in the manual which you shoud get with the trial version.

David

Yes you can add a new coin or variety. Right click on the denomination you want to add in the collection window and then select Add Coin(s). Then scroll to the bottom in the new window that opens and you will see "Click here to add new variety". Just type in the year and press return. You can then add any new info required for the coin you have just added. It's all in the manual which you shoud get with the trial version.

Thanks, that works! :)

Also now worked out how to add my foreign "pennies"

Looks worth the money

David