British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Marc

2010 20P COIN, NO DATE ON REVERSE

bloody conman, some unsuspecting person in another country will think it is a rarity, thats why i cringe when i look at ebay........ :angry:

A fool and his money.....

There have been hundreds of these cons....it is no worse than worthless 1950/60 coins being snapped up for £2 or £3

There have been hundreds of these cons....it is no worse than worthless 1950/60 coins being snapped up for £2 or £3

I see the winning bidder has a feedback of 1000 so surely not a fool. :ph34r:

I see the winning bidder has a feedback of 1000 so surely not a fool. :ph34r:

:huh: Looking at the winner's recent bid history they have all been on coins, so you would assume at least a little knowledge. Having said that, most of the things were European or world coins. Why pay so much on ebay? The mint will supply them by the thousands or millions at face. Bizarre.

Makes mental note to go thhrough my change and get all the 20p's dated one side and £2 coins with neckless on the bay ASAP.If I can make nearly 50x face on these I may well retire by 2012 :rolleyes:

It is a sad state if affairs really isn't it.

I remember when all the hype over the 20p 'Mule' was raging across E-Bay and people were selling standard 20p's way over face value as they had no date on the OBV.

The saddest part is some people obviously knew what they were doing and were ripping unsuspecting people off by 'Clever' wording in their item description.

I guess some things never change, sadly.

Makes mental note to go thhrough my change and get all the 20p's dated one side and £2 coins with neckless on the bay ASAP.If I can make nearly 50x face on these I may well retire by 2012 :rolleyes:

I think that the Seller has the same idea that you have Peter.

I was browsing through the Sellers 'Other Items' when I noticed this item.

I also noticed that the P+P charges have risen from £1 to £1.25!

A sole bidder could get a 20p coin for £2.24 :huh: but other poor punters are being fiddled big time.I won't report him/her because these buyers deserve it and maybe they will learn a lesson.

We've all bought Turkeys & not just for Xmas ;);)

it is no worse than worthless 1950/60 coins being snapped up for £2 or £3

oh dear, that would be me then!

Me too - there aren't many coins from the 1950s (1959 halfpenny, 1953 brass 3d and 6d, 1959 sixpence.. perhaps) that you can get that cheap.

Me too - there aren't many coins from the 1950s (1959 halfpenny, 1953 brass 3d and 6d, 1959 sixpence.. perhaps) that you can get that cheap.

Pretty much all my proper purchases for the collection over the last few years have been funded by the fact that people hadn't woken up to the tricky '50s yet, so I could still snap up bargains and mark 'em up silly. I'm finding I can't do that now, so I'm having to bite the bullet on a few dates to get them their final upgrade. I just paid more than £8 for a BU 1958 sixpence off Lucido: I'd been waiting for a bargain on that one for about 4 years. Not going to happen now!

Edited by declanwmagee

Pretty much all my proper purchases for the collection over the last few years have been funded by the fact that people hadn't woken up to the tricky '50s yet, so I could still snap up bargains and mark 'em up silly. I'm finding I can't do that now, so I'm having to bite the bullet on a few dates to get them their final upgrade. I just paid more than £8 for a BU 1958 sixpence off Lucido: I'd been waiting for a bargain on that one for about 4 years. Not going to happen now!

There is a BU 1958 6d on a dealers list no picture but a good dealer for £2...it is a date I need to upgrade..I must have another look at the list as I haven't got the cheek for a £2 order.

Done it :D

3 coins to order tomorrow.

There is a BU 1958 6d on a dealers list no picture but a good dealer for £2...it is a date I need to upgrade..I must have another look at the list as I haven't got the cheek for a £2 order.

there you go! It's got to be a good idea to keep an eye on the dealers who aren't eBay based. Unless you have your finger on the furious pulse of eBay, you couldn't possibly keep up with what's going for what, no matter how long you'd been in the trade.

I must make an effort this year to try and break away from the bay a bit.

Well, would you believe it. I just did a trawl through a load of online dealers lists to get familiar with who sells what, off-ebay, and came across our own Predecimal selling a BU 1958 sixpence for £3. Mental note made, I finished the exercise, and with a few things noted out there to come back to, I came back to the '58.

Bloody gone! I bet it's been there for months, and me rattling on about them got it sold! Me and my big mouth.

I just paid more than £8 for a BU 1958 sixpence off Lucido: I'd been waiting for a bargain on that one for about 4 years. Not going to happen now!

Ouch. I bought about half a dozen from Paul Wincott for around £2 apiece 10 years or so ago. I'm sure I might still have a spare one somewhere.

I just paid more than £8 for a BU 1958 sixpence off Lucido: I'd been waiting for a bargain on that one for about 4 years. Not going to happen now!

Ouch. I bought about half a dozen from Paul Wincott for around £2 apiece 10 years or so ago. I'm sure I might still have a spare one somewhere.

I'd love to buy one from you, Mr Peckris! I could put ex-Paul Wincott in my database somewhere...

Ebay throws up bargains (rarely now but it still happens).

20C farthings see Colincooke...Unc's cheap as chips compared to the bay.

Old time dealers still have the edge on service,price and general ease....However I won't put you onto the good ones ;)

I'd love to buy one from you, Mr Peckris! I could put ex-Paul Wincott in my database somewhere...

My memory was good - it WAS PW and it WAS £2 apiece. Now, the question is... where are they? I will have a look sometime but don't hold your breath just yet! Hold on, didn't you say you just bought one? :blink:

guess what i got in my change today? yes a 2010 20p piece with no date on the reverse, think i'll put it on fleabay...

guess what i got in my change today? yes a 2010 20p piece with no date on the reverse, think i'll put it on fleabay...

As long as its freepost I will BIN for 20p :D:D

My memory was good - it WAS PW and it WAS £2 apiece. Now, the question is... where are they? I will have a look sometime but don't hold your breath just yet! Hold on, didn't you say you just bought one? :blink:

I did, yes, but you can always find a better UNC. The fact that it's taken me this long to get one indicates that I shouldn't turn down another. 2 come along at once, etc - often happens!

Done it :D

3 coins to order tomorrow.

All in stock and they are winging their way to Suffolk...I must admit I was getting the DT's after not buying a coin for nearly 6 weeks :huh:

Even Deano the postman was worried for me. :D

I did, yes, but you can always find a better UNC. The fact that it's taken me this long to get one indicates that I shouldn't turn down another. 2 come along at once, etc - often happens!

Some coins are difficult but not reflected by Spink.I had been seeking a decent 1958 6d I now have 6d's back to the mid 30's in Unc.Another hard coin is the 1915 farthing...even the common one rarely appears in nice condition on Colin Cookes list...I've been tucking these away :rolleyes: