British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Emperor Oli

Ebay blacklist

We seem to have quite a few Ebay threads now, don't we!?

This thought occurred to me a while ago - how many of us have been cheated or miffed by somebody on Ebay? If we can pool all the names (User IDs) of the people that have done this, then if any of us are thinking of buying anything be it a coin, a car or a Caravaggio, we can see if any of us have had any run-ins with them. So if you post the name and a why they are bad, we should be on our way! Mods, take this down if you feel it to be inflammatory

So my one nomination would be Sharpclaw. He advertises Coin auctions with pictures which are not the coin he is selling.

That is a great idea Oli! It would help us when both buying and selling (we can cancel bids of dodgey ebayers) You could be an Ebay policeman!

Yes, like a Numismatic Neighbourhood Watch. I was really aiming it at the sellers because if I sold to a dodgy dealer, but got my money, I wouln't care less. It's mainly buyer protection I think.

Ok, good idea, but don't add people that just annoyed you for some reason, or people that sent you a rubbish coin but acknowledged the error/grading error and fully refunded you.

I want to see the worst of the worst so to speak, and preferably sellers that sell coins regularly.

All ebay id's deemed as being 'bad eggs' must have a reason associated with them, from your own personal experience.

We seem to have quite a few Ebay threads now, don't we!?

This thought occurred to me a while ago - how many of us have been cheated or miffed by somebody on Ebay?  If we can pool all the names (User IDs) of the people that have done this, then if any of us are thinking of buying anything be it a coin, a car or a Caravaggio, we can see if any of us have had any run-ins with them.  So if you post the name and a why they are bad, we should be on our way!  Mods, take this down if you feel it to be inflammatory

So my one nomination would be Sharpclaw.  He advertises Coin auctions with pictures which are not the coin he is selling.

Why not also have a list of reputable sellers - I could add a few.

Was it Mihai, Chris that tried to fiddle coinpeople members? (was coinman27 over there)

Just be on the look out.

Was it Mihai, Chris that tried to fiddle coinpeople members? (was coinman27 over there)

Just be on the look out.

Yes that was his name, but he was never a forum member here.