British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Chris Perkins

Edit ability times

Numismatic Rersearch group members now have 2 hours to edit messages before they get set in stone. The 'Edited by..' message will still appear.

Can I just ask, why can't everybody edit their posts anytime they want? I mean I'm extremely happy about the 2hrs thing but why not have an infinite time?

Because people (like you in the past actually!) go back to posts days later and change things that they said, that were perhaps a little out of line, and it can make the subsequent posts look stupid. Tom then starts moaning about Dick and Harry changing their posts at later dates etc etc.

So I implemented the limit to make people think twice about saying out of line things (knowing they cannot be amended in the future). I do however see the need for users to want to edit things, or include new information in their post, so you now get 2 hrs which should be quite enough for most purposes.

Numismatic Rersearch group members now have 2 hours to edit messages before they get set in stone. The 'Edited by..' message will still appear.

does this mean that (as i have said before) : if one posts in 'A' and then posts in 'B', can one go back and edit 'A'?

Yes