British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Terry

2011 50p coins

A Britannia's face value is £2.

Seeing as how they are going on fleabay for around £30 though, you would have to be a piece of work to want to spend it for face value.....

be a laugh though, wouldn't it? I bet a lot of people wouldn't accept one for £2!

I once spent a Churchill crown. and had it accepted, but that was many years ago

Not a great fan of these new 50p's, but i have taken from change a fencing, a boccia and an athletics.....26 to go :blink:

what will i do when ive got as many as i can, i can always put them towards another nice coin. :D

Edited by ski

I once spent a Churchill crown. and had it accepted, but that was many years ago

As a youngster, I remember spending a 1977 Jubilee Coin. The Shopkeeper had no problem in accepting it. I bought a 25p 'Mix Up' with it lol

Not a great fan of these new 50p's, but i have taken from change a fencing, a boccia and an athletics.....26 to go :blink:

what will i do when ive got as many as i can, i can always put them towards another nice coin. :D

You have done well in managing to obtain those from your change Ski.

As a youngster, I remember spending a 1977 Jubilee Coin. The Shopkeeper had no problem in accepting it. I bought a 25p 'Mix Up' with it lol

i think you had the better deal :D

You have done well in managing to obtain those from your change Ski.

im really getting into this check your change thing.......prefer my florins though :D

I think that you may be right Ski! lol

im really getting into this check your change thing.......prefer my florins though :D

It's great fun isn't it? :D

I also think that it is quite addictive, and once you start, you just can't stop!

You will know what I mean when you start asking your friends and relatives to 'Check Their Change.' :P lol

I think that you may be right Ski! lol

It's great fun isn't it? :D

I also think that it is quite addictive, and once you start, you just can't stop!

You will know what I mean when you start asking your friends and relatives to 'Check Their Change.' :P lol

I've got it real bad because, I ask if I can check their change! :D

yep, got another 20p from a work colleagues change today with the same error as my own. ;)

I've got it real bad because, I ask if I can check their change! :D

yep, got another 20p from a work colleagues change today with the same error as my own. ;)

It sounds like you both have been well and truly bitten by the bug. Welcome to the club! lol