British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Is it just me or has this site been running slow for the past couple of weeks.

it is your amstrad with dial up causing problems ;) I still have trouble with about blank which tends to slow up the pooter

it is your amstrad with dial up causing problems ;) I still have trouble with about blank which tends to slow up the pooter

Amstrad, I'm not as fortunate as you Peter, but anyway there's still plenty of life in my ZX80 :blink: I have been toying with the idea of upgrading to the ZX81 though :P

Amstrad, I'm not as fortunate as you Peter, but anyway there's still plenty of life in my ZX80 :blink: I have been toying with the idea of upgrading to the ZX81 though :P

If you do upgrade to the ZX81 Kronos, and if you afford it, then I would highly recommend the 16k Ram Pack. Manic Miner runs like a treat now with zero lag! :P

If you do upgrade to the ZX81 Kronos, and if you afford it, then I would highly recommend the 16k Ram Pack. Manic Miner runs like a treat now with zero lag! :P

Thanks for info Rob, Thermal printer is also on the cards. :lol:

Wow! A Thermal printer? :o

Now you are just showing off. lol :P

Wow! A Thermal printer? :o

Now you are just showing off. lol :P

Whooshing sound as this entire thread flies way above my head...

I had the Sinclair thermal printer. It printed black burned digits onto a silver loo roll.

I had the Sinclair thermal printer. It printed black burned digits onto a silver loo roll.

That is an incredibly colourful yet most accurate description. lol :D

I remember using the printer/computer 25 years ago...it was carbon type paper (green and white)..supercalc was the biz

I remember using the printer/computer 25 years ago...it was carbon type paper (green and white)..supercalc was the biz

Don't forget Wordstar! :blink:

Daisy wheel printers were always good for a laugh. Especially when they went wrong and stripped the spines like a machine gun.

Must have spent many hours playing the father of all computer games. Dungeons n' Dragons ruled. :)

I can remember loading up a cassette on a BBC computer....it took ages...my daughters just take the mick out of me.I really haven't sussed the latest info....or thought I had.

I can remember loading up a cassette on a BBC computer....it took ages...my daughters just take the mick out of me.I really haven't sussed the latest info....or thought I had.

I once explained to my Nephew - When he was impatient over his X Box taking a few seconds to load a game - That I had to wait for up to half an hour for some games to load via Cassette.

I then had to explain what a Cassette was. lol

You can keep your XBox's, your DS's and your PSP's. Give me a BBC Model B and a cassette with Elite and I'm a very happy chappy! lol

Give me a BBC Model B and a cassette with Elite and I'm a very happy chappy! lol

My cassette of the Hobbit always evoked the message "Bad block at 6F - rewind tape" , tnen another 10 minute wait

Best machine I ever had was my Archimedes, but add ons were just too expensive

Back in 1986 I bought a 286 Tandon AT for work for £1000, plus another £1000 for a 100MB hard disk. We marvelled at it saying "We'll never fill that!"

:)

David

My cassette of the Hobbit always evoked the message "Bad block at 6F - rewind tape" , tnen another 10 minute wait

Back in 1986 I bought a 286 Tandon AT for work for £1000, plus another £1000 for a 100MB hard disk. We marvelled at it saying "We'll never fill that!"

David

I remember that message very well David. lol

Ah, The Acorn Archimedes, that was a very good computer, advanced for it's time I always thought. It was way out of my (Or should I say my Parents) price range. I was very happy with my second hand Commodore 64. lol :D

100mb was an incredible amount for it's day. Oh how quickly times change. lol

David

I remember that message very well David. lol

Ah, The Acorn Archimedes, that was a very good computer, advanced for it's time I always thought. It was way out of my (Or should I say my Parents) price range. I was very happy with my second hand Commodore 64. lol :D

100mb was an incredible amount for it's day. Oh how quickly times change. lol

My 286 had a 32Mb C: drive. Imagine my delight when I typed D: at the DOS prompt instead of C: one day, and found I had another partition of 8 whole Mb, and it was actually a Seagate 40Mb drive!

Give me a BBC Model B and a cassette with Elite and I'm a very happy chappy! lol

David

My first (and only) PC was orange text on a black background, MS DOS 3.33, a copy of Mini Office (not a bad little suite of programs actually), and a 20 MB hard drive ... which I only ever half filled. Ah, them were the days.. pre-photos, pre-music (except the little beep tunes you could program), pre-video, pre-graphics cards?, pre-Internet, pre-Word.

I remember it was an 8088 AT Turbo. If you flicked the Turbo switch (who wouldn't?) you could increase the horsepower from 4.5 KHz to 9 KHz (do I mean KHz?). Attached to it was a dinky little CRT monitor, a keyboard, and a daisywheel printer.

I remember it was an 8088 AT Turbo. If you flicked the Turbo switch (who wouldn't?) you could increase the horsepower from 4.5 KHz to 9 KHz (do I mean KHz?).

I think that you meant Mhz rather than Khz Peckris. :)

Ah, them were the days.. pre-photos, pre-music (except the little beep tunes you could program), pre-video, pre-graphics cards?, pre-Internet, pre-Word.

Speaking of programming. I remember sitting for hours on end typing in Basic that had been printed in one of the Computer Magazines that I used to buy.

I found that it either didn't work due to a publishing error or all that you ended up with for your hours of hard work and eye strain was a littlle box that you could move around the screen with the Cursor keys. lol

My sega megadrive was the biz...My wife treated me to one and almost kept us kid free....I got so good at the golf I was doing early 50's and winning all the competions. :D