British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Beth

Collecting decimal coins given in my change

Do you think you'd have noticed it if you hadn't been interested in coins, Rob? Doesn't the Universe do funny things sometimes?

I think that I would have noticed it Declan, it would have appeared out of the ordinary to me, due to the fact that it is a quite small and thin coin. It was also VERY dirty. (So much so that I was unable to tell that it was a Groat until I gave it a little wash.)

However, I'm not sure if I would have taken that much notice and went to the trouble of washing it. I think thay I may have put it aside out of sheer curiosity or perhaps just have put it back into circulation.

This is perhaps the reason why I think that it may not have been noticed to any degree before, perhaps people just thought that it was a dirty Foreign Coin and just wanted to pass it off as soon as they could? Who knows?

The Universe is indeed a strange and wonderful place. It never ceases to amaze me the things that can happen and the way that things can end up or turn out. :)

I think that I may start a seperate Thread about this coin, as I'm not sure if all Forum Members would read this Thread as they may not have an interest in its original subject matter.

That way perhaps someone may be able to shed some light on it. :)

I think that I may start a seperate Thread about this coin, as I'm not sure if all Forum Members would read this Thread as they may not have an interest in its original subject matter.

That's me :lol: But I still have to dive in to clear the forum's 'there are unread posts' status!