British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Hello17

ACORN Threepences and six pences

i have 1931 and 1932 three pence and i decided on the acorn coins as a basis for my collection

i have 1931 and 1932 three pence and i decided on the acorn coins as a basis for my collection

I've got quite a few you can have for free young Patrick. They're lower grades but will do until you can afford to upgrade them (if you want them of course).

John.

Good choice, hello17. Not too many dates, some common, some trickier and lots of low grade examples around. High grades are not easy, so you won't complete it too quick.

Just to give you a little more information on the dates that you will want to collect Hello17.

The Acorn design of Sixpences and Threepences both ran from 1927 to 1936.

Although the 1927 coins were issued as a proof coins only and the 1929 Threepence wasn't issued at all.

I hope that helps you :)

Very attractive - good choice. And then you might want to move on to the other denominations in that series too? Halfcrowns, florins, shillings. Rounding it all off with a 1927 proof set! (In time....)

i am just collecting the circulation ones

Well that's a good strategy for a collection. But when you (one day) have enough money for a 1927 proof set, and see one, you might just fall in love with it - I think it's up there with the best 20th Century proof sets, and was the last truly great set.

Well that's a good strategy for a collection. But when you (one day) have enough money for a 1927 proof set, and see one, you might just fall in love with it - I think it's up there with the best 20th Century proof sets, and was the last truly great set.

proofs are nice arn't they

never gonna get a edward VIII i think :(

You're still young so you never know. Here is a link to one that was sold at auction just last month...

link

Duplicate post

Edited by Coppers

Yes, proofs are nice - I thought as a schoolboy I would NEVER be able to afford a proof, and I remember some years later buying a 1950S proof shilling and feeling ridiculously pleased with myself!

You're still young so you never know. Here is a link to one that was sold at auction just last month...

link

It's really frustrating, but whenever people here post links to a Spink Auctions coin, the link just takes me to their home page, not the coin itself. :(

Yes, proofs are nice - I thought as a schoolboy I would NEVER be able to afford a proof, and I remember some years later buying a 1950S proof shilling and feeling ridiculously pleased with myself!

link

It's really frustrating, but whenever people here post links to a Spink Auctions coin, the link just takes me to their home page, not the coin itself. :(

If it takes you to the Spink home page when you click on the link -- upon returning to the forum post -- try clicking on the link a second time.

link

If it takes you to the Spink home page when you click on the link -- upon returning to the forum post -- try clicking on the link a second time.

Oh, that works!! What strange voodoo is this ... ?

link

Oh, that works!! What strange voodoo is this ... ?

Very strange I agree, but a vary useful tip, thank you