British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Jamesfromacrossthepond

I want to BUY 1967 pennies

I am looking for 1967 predecimal pennies in bulk, I'll pay over melt and will cover shipping. I would like to buy 5 pound sterling worth of face value of predecimal pennies(1200 coins if my info is correct). I know shipping will be hight, but as long as it's not to hight I pay it. Post here if you're interested in selling and I'll send you contact info.

I may buy more later on.

Hi James, there is a lot of the coins on ebay in bulk, i don't think anyone would actually collect these, perhaps 1 for their collection at best

Hi James, there is a lot of the coins on ebay in bulk, i don't think anyone would actually collect these, perhaps 1 for their collection at best

Thank you, I'll have to check that out. If any one here wants to unload their 1967 pennies post and I'll check back later.

Thank you, I'll have to check that out. If any one here wants to unload their 1967 pennies post and I'll check back later.

I'm curious James - why 1967 pennies? You must realise it's probably Britain's commonest coin, along with the 1971 1 New Penny?

I'm curious James - why 1967 pennies? You must realise it's probably Britain's commonest coin, along with the 1971 1 New Penny?

There was 614 million but quite a few got scrapped

i think i know what you want

a modified effigy or something else simaller

I've got pot loads of 20th century coppers. Probably 10-15kg.

Mostly worn circulated modern, but from 1911 to 1967 mostly.

Any idea what kind of scrap value can be achieved?

Thanks

I've got pot loads of 20th century coppers. Probably 10-15kg.

Mostly worn circulated modern, but from 1911 to 1967 mostly.

Any idea what kind of scrap value can be achieved?

Thanks

The price of copper is through the roof. Your local scrap merchant post-new metallic goods wholesaler should be able to give you a quote? (Bronze is mostly copper).

I know, I want them for their copper content. Because they where made by a government and because their where never any debased large pennies(like the small US and UK pennies) they're more of a know quantity, add to that their larger size and the fact that many are in mint condition, makes them perfect for what I want.

By the way, Coindome, I'll pay more then what you'll get for them as scrape metal.

Edited by Jamesfromacrossthepond

I know, I want them for their copper content. Because they where made by a government and because their where never any debased large pennies(like the small US and UK pennies) they're more of a know quantity, add to that their larger size and the fact that many are in mint condition, makes them perfect for what I want.

Here's an idea James : if you would kindly corner the market in 1967 pennies, so that they become genuinely scarce, I will buy a supply back from you at a reasonable price, so we both make a decent profit. :D

Hi

Sorry, I've been away for a few days.....

If anyone wants my bucket full of pennies, 1967 or otherwise, at better than scrap they are very welcome. Just get in touch.

I'm not sure sending them "acrossthepond" will be cost effective but never mind eh ?

I live near Basingstoke, Hampshire

Cheers