British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Hussulo

Cannon Powershot A480 review for coin pictures

I use Photoshop a lot, but didn't know about iPhoto. Thanks Peckris.

Oops, I forgot to say that iPhoto is a Mac software! But if you use Photoshop a lot, then you're probably very comfortable with the parts you know. I know I am (just don't talk to me about 'blending modes' or 'masks' :blink: )

Your first attempt looks good John.

I don't put it into macro, just shoot in Auto. Position it at any distance away from the coin lightly press the button and the camera will zoom in then once it has done so and stopped making a noise fully press the button to take the picture.

I shoot a few free hand and it seems good to me unless I have very steady hands?

The only option I tweak is to put the flash off.

PS it looks like there might be some nice colour on the obverse of that coin. I think I can make out some blues in the devices. Try a shot slightly angled (camera blow the coin at a lower angle) with the sunlight reflecting off the coin to try and capture the colour.

Your first attempt looks good John.

I don't put it into macro, just shoot in Auto. Position it at any distance away from the coin lightly press the button and the camera will zoom in then once it has done so and stopped making a noise fully press the button to take the picture.

I shoot a few free hand and it seems good to me unless I have very steady hands?

The only option I tweak is to put the flash off.

I used to be steady enough holding a handgun ;)

A very dull day here today, so I'll see how it does in low light as I need to get a load of stuff onto ebay.

I always use macro for coins, always seemed to give the best results, I'll try both and see which turns out best.

Yes, the coin has some nice colours. It came last week in a job lot and I just thought it would be a nice one to play around with due to the colours. It's getting harder to pick up coins like that as most people think the futures bright, the futures dipping!!

Most modern digital cameras have some form of 'anti shake' that prevent the worst effects of camera shake.

A few more shots I took tonight.

1535o5h.jpg

If that's what you get in your change up there, Hus, then I'm moving house!!! :D

[quote name='HistoricCoinage' date='07 August 2010 - 07:02 PM' timestamp='1281204120'

If that's what you get in your change up there, Hus, then I'm moving house!!! :D

Edited by Peckris

:D The Vicky was popped in as an extra as it was lyin

Shockingly dishonest, those Vicky sixpences. :lol:

Edited by Peckris