British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Emperor Oli

Ebay thread

I thought you were merely stating was that what HPJ said was what you had said some time previously.

Your grammar is all over the place Oli try harder please... :rolleyes:

I haven't broken my own rule, Sylvester. You asked a question, whether it be a rhetorical one, one could see it either way. I was simply replying to it as would anyone when confronted with a question; not to reply would be rude and positively heinous. It was not a "banal" post as you put it, for this reason.

Yes my grammar was terrible but what can be expected at a quarter to eleven?

I haven't broken my own rule, Sylvester. You asked a question, whether it be a rhetorical one, one could see it either way. I was simply replying to it as would anyone when confronted with a question; not to reply would be rude and positively heinous. It was not a "banal" post as you put it, for this reason.

Yes my grammar was terrible but what can be expected at a quarter to eleven?

Your reply seem to suggest my post was pointless thus why take the time to reply to it and drag it out? If my post as pointless your reply would be even more so, no?

Well i don't care what state your grammar was in but i just thought it a bit hypocritical that someone so obsessed with nitpicking would be so sloppy. Afterall you have pulled William and Co down for much less. I just couldn't let that one go unnoticed, afterall i did warn you a month or two back that i'd pull you up one day. Did i not? Here is that day...

"Why take the time to reply". As I said, because you asked a question. Questions need answers and that is what I was giving.

My grammar has been terribly sloppy before, equal to that of your reading skills and cognitive powers for not picking it up ;)

ah well because i don't critically assess people on their grammar, well not usually but if the mood takes me...

Well let's put this argument to bed, shall we?

Multus sanguis fluit

Anyhow i will be deleting these posts in the next day or too as they add no greater knowledge to the post.

And (yes starting with a conjunction!) regardless of what i say you'll argue back, you'd swear black was white on a bible before you'd admit you were in the wrong.

yes we'll end the argument, cos i'd argue all night too, but like me the argument is going to bed, it doesn't have to get up at 5.30 though.

I truly thought that what I was doing was correct but if you can't see that then we shall have to "agree to disagree".

p.s Starting with a conjuction isn't bad grammar, it's just non-standard english which draws the reader's attention to it ;)

Now I know why this this thread appears under the "free for all" category. Returning to the subject of ebay, is the UK version of ebay distinct from the one we have here in the US and if so, does the quantity and/or quality of British coins offered there differ significantly?

There isn't much difference but recently the quality gap has been phenomenal. A week or two ago there was someone auctioning off a truckload (on ebay.com) of the best examples of many english coins which I have ever seen - some of them I could have sworn were restrikes.

If you waited then you could probably pick up one for £100 less on Ebay.

you show me an 1806 BU penny for less then 100 pounds with full lustre!

If you waited then you could probably pick up one for £100 less on Ebay.

you show me an 1806 BU penny for less then 100 pounds with full lustre!

Jmd!!!

£100 less, read the posts!

JMD, you should really read posts carefully, I said IF YOU WAITED ;)

JMD, you should really read posts carefully, I said IF YOU WAITED ;)

right, yea, sorry :( ...

i dont have time to wait, my b'day is in 2 months 5 days! ...you show me one that costs £225 or under then!

Edited by Master Jmd

When one comes up for auction on Ebay, I will tell you.