British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Emperor Oli

Ebay thread

I set up this thread so we don't clutter up the boards with more "Should I buy this" "What do you think of this" -type threads.

So, as the subtitle suggest, I am going to enquire about a coin :P

Do you think the marks around Britannia's knee are just from the photo or actually on the coin?

Do you think the marks around Britannia's knee are just from the photo or actually on the coin?

are you gonna buy it oli?

hehe, not quite ebay, but who dislikes my future coin (here)

I set up this thread so we don't clutter up the boards with more "Should I buy this" "What do you think of this" -type threads.

I think that there will be a light stain on the coin which shows up as the marks on the photo. It is a really nice coin though, it is well worth buying.

So, as the subtitle suggest, I am going to enquire about a coin  :P

are you gonna buy it oli?

hehe, not quite ebay, but who dislikes my future coin (here)

I think it's a really nice coin James, the only thing which I don't like is that green spot.

I thought that. I won't buy it then, I'll wait for a better example. That number JMD put up does indeed hae a gigantic stain below his ear.

I think it's a really nice coin James, the only thing which I don't like is that green spot.

That number JMD put up does indeed hae a gigantic stain below his ear.

yes, but if you can find me something better then i will be chuffed, i do not think that another one of these will be around for atleast 5 years.

And you base this knowledge on..............

And you base this knowledge on..............

...the fact that a) i dont have a penny from 1806, and B) i have never seen such a good early example :)

You haven't been "on the circuit" for five years though ;) I'm just pulling your leg really :P

I'm just pulling your leg really :P

yes you are :angry::)

Master Jmd, I dare say if you had enough money and made enough people aware of your hard cash and need for a BU 1806 penny, you could probably find one every six months!

I have seen quite a few early pennies in BU on ebay.com, unfortunately they have been all slabbed and graded.

Early BU examples are rare however, they are obtainable if you look.

Yes, Like 1934 Crowns....Only 932 ever made. In the last 3 years I've handled 6+ of them and can probably tell you where at least 20 of them are.

The rarity of a particular coin is all very well, and of course it makes them harder to come by, but if you wave enough pound notes around and they'll come to you!

Master Jmd, I dare say if you had enough money and made enough people aware of your hard cash and need for a BU 1806 penny, you could probably find one every six months!

The 1806 penny that you want being sold by Colin Cooke James is very over-priced. If you waited then you could probably pick up one for £100 less on Ebay.

did i not say that the prices there were a bit over...

Probably, some people here have a habit of repeating things.

Oli who rattled your cage this evening? Gone back to being off hand no?

My Spanish oral questions rattled my cage. eg. ¿Dónde pasaste las vacaciones el año pasado? Seventeen questions like that! Ugh I'm on number nine so I'm nearly finished.

Probably, some people here have a habit of repeating things.

Have I upset you Oli, what have I done? :blink:

You haven't upset me, but you just have now by asking what you have done when if you had taken the time to look back at the previous post, Sylvester asked if he had said what you had said, which I said he had.

I am sorry then, in future, I will read previous posts before posting.

You realise oli that i was not repeating the previous post but rather concurring with it. There is a difference.

I thought you were merely stating was that what HPJ said was what you had said some time previously.

You haven't upset me, but you just have now by asking what you have done when if you had taken the time to look back at the previous post, Sylvester asked if he had said what you had said, which I said he had.

Just to pull you up at your own game because you are far too pedantic... :D

And this post adds what to the overall conversation? Could this be a rather banal post pointing out who did what or not as the case may be, that you are so against?

Could it be that Oli has broken his own spamming rule? :o