British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Does any one have one of the very rare 1696 2nd bust crowns where the hair flows across Williams breast?

If so please could you be kind enough to post a picture on here, I cannot find one anywhere apart from the picture in the spink book. Also if your comfortable enough to tell me how much you paid for it I would like that information too... and if you would like to sell it that too!!

I actually want the picture to compare it to a very rare 2nd bust shilling...

Cheers

Mat

Mat,

At the Rarity 7 estimate of Rayner I don't think you'll find any sellers on the forum, but if you have ESC you'll find the picture you need on page 13.

John.

Mat,

At the Rarity 7 estimate of Rayner I don't think you'll find any sellers on the forum, but if you have ESC you'll find the picture you need on page 13.

John.

Thanks for the message John, I dont have ESC at the moment but I will need to get on to it soon.

Mat

Does any one have one of the very rare 1696 2nd bust crowns where the hair flows across Williams breast?

If so please could you be kind enough to post a picture on here, I cannot find one anywhere apart from the picture in the spink book. Also if your comfortable enough to tell me how much you paid for it I would like that information too... and if you would like to sell it that too!!

Cheers

Mat

The crowns (2 varieties), halfcrown and shilling with the second bust are all unique. The shilling was the last to be located in 1949 by Seaby. It then passed to Lord Hamilton whose collection was sold at Spink in February 1979. This coin was lot 236 and sold for £13K hammer. I don't know where they are or how much the present owner paid, but you may rest assured you will need very deep pockets should you wish to acquire any of the above.

Cheers

Mat

The crowns (2 varieties), halfcrown and shilling with the second bust are all unique. The shilling was the last to be located in 1949 by Seaby. It then passed to Lord Hamilton whose collection was sold at Spink in February 1979. This coin was lot 236 and sold for £13K hammer. I don't know where they are or how much the present owner paid, but you may rest assured you will need very deep pockets should you wish to acquire any of the above.

The previous owner of the half crown swapped his for his present collection in the 90s, (or so I have been told). The reason I am chasing this up... it has been brought to my attention that there may actually be another variety of the unique shilling. As there are two known for the crown, I am starting to think there maybe two varieties of each...