British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

1949threepence

Sideline collection ~ £2 coins

yes that is exactly the thing

Ah, OK. That is what I thought that you meant Scott. lol

Also, have you got the 1992 single market 50p (mintage only 109,000) ?

With that I have had much better luck!...

...So now I have 3 of them. Only 108,977 to go. :P lol

Very well done on that. I never managed to get one at all !!!

I was re-reading through this thread and remembered that you had said that 1949.

I don't know if you collect Commemorative 50p Coins as well as Commemorative £2 Coins, or if you have managed to obtain one since you posted your reply, but I have a spare 1992 'Single Market' 50p Coin if it is of any use to you?

Thanks for the offer, Rob, which I very much appreciate. But I'm not a 50p man.

Looks as though Scott is interested though B)

Thanks for the offer, Rob, which I very much appreciate. But I'm not a 50p man.

Looks as though Scott is interested though B)

That is not a problem at all 1949. :)

I thought that I would ask you on the off chance that you may be interested, as I wasn't sure if you collected Commemorative 50p Coins or not. :)

Well Scott, you are more than welcome to it if you are interested? :)

yes i am, i require it as i have the 1985 and 1994 issues it is like a small hole, i'm not bothered about other earlier dates yet but i know i have 73 and 83 :D

yes i am, i require it as i have the 1985 and 1994 issues it is like a small hole, i'm not bothered about other earlier dates yet but i know i have 73 and 83 :D

Consider it yours Scott. :)

It is not a perfect example as it has been circulated and does have a few scratches but otherwise I would think it would be aUNC.

I don't expect any payment for it as I only paid £1 for it. If however you do feel that it does have some monetary value, simply pop whatever you may think that its worth into a Charity Box, as I would much rather they benefit than myself. The choice is of course yours. :)

If you could E-Mail or PM me then we can get the details sorted out. :)

Skimming through the decimal section, I found this old thread I started a few years ago.

I really must re-start my £2 coin collection, which I've neglected to add to since 2012. 

(and avoid the temptation to spend any of them when short of change) 

23 minutes ago, 1949threepence said:

Skimming through the decimal section, I found this old thread I started a few years ago.

I really must re-start my £2 coin collection, which I've neglected to add to since 2012. 

(and avoid the temptation to spend any of them when short of change) 

Go to the Midland tomorrow. I'll have some with me.

3 hours ago, Rob said:

Go to the Midland tomorrow. I'll have some with me.

Can't make it tomorrow, unfortunately. But thanks Rob.