British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

azda

Useful links (members posts)

thanks sir for the info...

Need help in your PC and Laptop..We are also engaged in providing services of computer services that includes annual maintenance contracts, implementation network design services data recovery services, onsite backup services and network design services.

Computer answers offers you the best professional services in online computer repair. It is a time-saving and cost-effective resource for home computer repair.

I used to like chips with my SPAM and maybe an egg or 2. I then found that SPAM did not agree with me and decided to stop eating SPAM as I preferred corned beef, but not with eggs. SPAM is not good for you Sir, but eggs are. I can therefore offer you a large amount of SPAM if you are interested in my offer?

Need help in your PC and Laptop..We are also engaged in providing services of computer services that includes annual maintenance contracts, implementation network design services data recovery services, onsite backup services and network design services.

Computer answers offers you the best professional services in online computer repair. It is a time-saving and cost-effective resource for home computer repair.

& the chance you will pick up any work NIL.

Unbelievable...why bother?

I used to like chips with my SPAM and maybe an egg or 2. I then found that SPAM did not agree with me and decided to stop eating SPAM as I preferred corned beef, but not with eggs. SPAM is not good for you Sir, but eggs are. I can therefore offer you a large amount of SPAM if you are interested in my offer?

Good point well made!

Indeed. It just so happens that I have a broken PC and some spare cash free for fixing it (however much it costs). Could you give me a quote perhaps, or give me some ballpark idea of how much I'd have to pay? (This is a serious enquiry by the way.)

Sounds like the Spam botter that bot bammed of my forum as well. He's a busy bot.

Cool Converter David, Thanks.

Found this whilst surfing

animals on coins post 1900

nice site

:D

Found this whilst surfing

animals on coins post 1900

nice site

:D

Very cool. He seems to have missed the 1997 Crown though, with Prince Philip on :lol:

More seriously he has missed all the lion-on-crown sixpences and shillings of Geo V and Ed VII, not to mention the lion shillings of Geo VI and Eliz II, the horse and dragon on 1935 and 1951 crowns, and the lion and unicorn on the 1937 Crown.

Edited by Peckris

Very cool. He seems to have missed the 1997 Crown though, with Prince Philip on :lol:

More seriously he has missed all the lion-on-crown sixpences and shillings of Geo V and Ed VII, not to mention the lion shillings of Geo VI and Eliz II, the horse and dragon on 1935 and 1951 crowns, and the lion and unicorn on the 1937 Crown.

To be fair it's obviously a work in progress, which by it's nature is probably impossible to complete. He has a big "wants" list plus a request for info on coins he doesn't know about

Nice site to recommend to youngsters wanting a cheap area to collect

Here's a link which might be useful to all. The British library is putting the newspapers online from the 1800s to present, although subscription based.

http://www.britishnewspaperarchive.co.uk/

That is a superb resource.

Disitations must be so easy for today's students.

I might treat myself over the Xmas holidays to a couple of days.Hopefully every school and library will take a full subscription. :)

That is a superb resource.

Disitations must be so easy for today's students.

I might treat myself over the Xmas holidays to a couple of days.Hopefully every school and library will take a full subscription. :)

It looks a great resource, i'm going to give it a few more months and then take out a years subscription so i can read some history as it actually happened, IE: Jack the Ripper story, Tay Rail Bridge disaster amoungst others

EDIT: well it actually gave me a freebie on the Tay rail disaster, but surveying the same page i came across this piece which states:

The Licences for dogs, carraiges and MALE SERVANTS must be renewed by the end of the year.........Brilliant, didn't realise you needed a dog licence in 1880 lol

If anyone is interested in reading a little bit about the RTay Rail disaster and the operation to find the bodies, it can be found here

http://www1.britishnewspaperarchive.co.uk/viewer/bl/0000269/18800105/018/0002?browse=false

You need to register to view it, but it's a free page to read

Edited by azda

Unfortunately the on I want (The Hackney Gazette) isn't on there. My GG grandfather was dragged out of the River Lea in 1868 - coroner's verdict 'suicide in unsound mind'. Just wanted to see if there was any report on it, but looks like I'll have to wait to see if it's there.

Unfortunately the on I want (The Hackney Gazette) isn't on there. My GG grandfather was dragged out of the River Lea in 1868 - coroner's verdict 'suicide in unsound mind'. Just wanted to see if there was any report on it, but looks like I'll have to wait to see if it's there.

I was listening to the story this morning, they are scanning newspapers over a 10 YEAR period, so perhaps at some point they will get to the one you want Derek.

Didn't know this was here, so put this link elsewhere too.

Lots of old books on coins etc, I like it but there arent many pics to look at.

http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=coins%20AND%20mediatype%3Atexts&sort=-downloads

if it gives a google link hit the http button underneath and then choose the .pdf file, right click and save as.

Good looking website on the soho mint

http://www.sohomint.info/

I was about to comment on the awful quality of their coin for the 'third coinage' until I moused over the image! Quite a clever idea, and one that could be used to show subtle die variations in other coins. Overlaying the two 1905 pennies, for example.

Scottish coinage, this one will throw up a number so take your pick as above, the others are direct links and will download to you as pdf files.

http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=The%20Coinage%20of%20Scotland%20AND%20mediatype%3Atexts

Handbook of the coins of Great Britain and Ireland in the British Museum (1899)

http://www.archive.org/download/handbookofcoinso00brituoft/handbookofcoinso00brituoft.pdf

The provincial token-coinage of the 18th century (1915)

http://www.archive.org/download/provincialtokenc00daltuoft/provincialtokenc00daltuoft.pdf

The silver token-coinage mainly issued between 1811 and 1812 (1922)

http://www.archive.org/download/silvertokencoina00daltiala/silvertokencoina00daltiala.pdf

I am saying nothing about this site. Except perhaps typing in the words coins, tokens, coinage, seem to has a marvelous effect :lol: .

www.filecrop.com