British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
chris

2008 Britannia 50p not so scarce as thought

gooday everyone

back in 2008 our coins changed but they still mintesd small ammounts of the orgional designs for that year. now when the mintage figures were released back in feb/march 2009 the 50p was set at 700 and something thousand coins and have just checked the royal mint website and it seems they have changed this to 3.5million

is this another mint error or do thay change these numbers around?

Maybe they added additional mintage figures for things like coin sets or whathaveyou? Not sure personally. All I do know however is that the 50p Brittania is ruddy difficult to find, even if the mintage is 3,500,000! =p

Maybe they added additional mintage figures for things like coin sets or whathaveyou? Not sure personally. All I do know however is that the 50p Brittania is ruddy difficult to find, even if the mintage is 3,500,000! =p

I've certainly never received one in my change.

It's difficult to know about the mintage figures. I suppose you could always e mail the Royal Mint. But if you do, don't hold your breath waiting for a reply. I'm still waiting for a reply to one I sent last Summer.

Guest 50p brittania

I have a 50p brittania 2008. What does it mean??

14 hours ago, Guest 50p brittania said:

I have a 50p brittania 2008. What does it mean??

It means you are 50p richer, well done

I've only ever found one of these in my change,I found three royal coat of arms pound coins and one 2p with the feathers,its hard to believe the numbers from the mint.