British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
JAG

CLIMATE CHANGE FOR PRIMATES MATES

CLIMATE CHANGE FOR PRIMATES MATES

TODAYS DATE

17 03 2010

IMPORTANT NEWS!

No more worries

Cat hair build up

And a smoke filled environment

Gone

Forever

Beneath THE LONDON FLOOD

@

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20100317/tuk-nursery-rhyme-climate-change-adverts-45dbed5.html

FIND:

Nursery Rhyme Climate Change Adverts Banned

Two Government advertisements which used nursery rhymes to raise awareness of climate change have been banned for overstating the risks.

The adverts, from the Department of Energy and Climate Change, were based on the children's poems Jack and Jill and Rub-A-Dub-Dub.

But the campaign went beyond mainstream scientific consensus in asserting that climate change would cause flooding and drought, the Advertising Standards Authority ruled.

It pointed out that predictions about the potential impact of global warming made by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) "involved uncertainties" that the adverts failed to reflect.

The two posters juxtaposed adapted extracts from the nursery rhymes to warn about global warming.

One began: "Jack and Jill went up the hill to fetch a pail of water. There was none as extreme weather due to climate change had caused a drought."

Beneath that was written: "Extreme weather conditions such as flooding, heat waves and storms will become more frequent and intense."

The second advert read: "Rub-a-dub-dub, three men in a tub - a necessary course of action due to flash flooding caused by climate change."

It was captioned: "Climate change is happening. Temperature and sea levels are rising.

"Extreme weather events such as storms, floods and heat waves will become more frequent and intense.

"If we carry on at this rate, life in 25 years could be very different."

Upholding the complaints, the ASA said the text accompanying the rhymes should have used more tentative language in both instances.

The newspaper adverts were part of a controversial media campaign launched by DECC last year which attracted a total of 939 complaints.

MY COMMENT

PUT THOSE 939 UP AGAINST THE WALL

WOULD YOU PLEASE?

THIN LIZZY RULE

NEWSPAPER STORY

IN A DISTANT WAY OFF LAND

WHERE PEOPLE

LIVE IN PEACE

FOR THE ACTION OF PEOPLE

HAD BEEN PLANNED

Great people had achieved such mammoth tasks that few new Everests seemed to be out there, baby.

Cool Baby

Cool Cool Baby

Cool Baby

Cool Cool Baby

The real SUPER RACE of MANKIND Ruled the Known World & EVENTUALLY became the first great wave CHRISTIANITY.

We are not talking about Dumb Blast German Barbicans. HITLER told the SQUARE HEADS A LIE.

<HA_HA_HA> GODS< HA_HA_HA>

WATCH THE FILM GLADIATOR!

THE GERMANS ARE THE HAIRY BLAST BARBARIANS

FOR

THE ARTISTS

THE WRITERS

PHILOSOPHERS

BUILDERS

TACTICIANS

AND

GREAT WARRIORS

I GIVE YOU

THE

ROMANS

And the ROMANS NAMED THE LAND

AND THOSE NATIONS OF KINDRED HEATHENS LIVED IN A REGION OF THE THEN KNOW WORLD & THAT REGION //GERM MANIA\\ WAS NAMED BY THE THRONE ONS. GIVE US YE CHEAP GRAPES <> WE ARE THE ROMANS <> <> WE ARE THE ROMANS <> <>

INTO BATTLE

CRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

<> WE ARE THE ROMANS <> <> WE ARE THE ROMANS <> <>

HOLD THOSE SPEARS HIGH!

HOLD THOSE SPEARS HIGH!

<> WE ARE THE ROMANS <> <> WE ARE THE ROMANS <> <>

HA_HA_HA_ HAIRY-ONS

Mate,

You've been a colourful and entertaining new arrival and it isn't my place to offer advice when it's not being asked for, but posts kind of do have to vaguely relate to coins (and personally I don't mind medals either).

I mention this simply because I fear you may already be on a yellow card and it would be a shame to see you take an early bath for a second offence, without a steer on form etc, etc.

Best wishes.

WAKE UP OLD CHAP

REGARDLESS OF YOUR OPINION

THE CHRONOLOGICAL EVENTS ARE VERY LIKELY TO STAND UP IN COURT IN PART AS PROOF THAT YOU WHERE IN PART A PART OF THE GUILTY BODY MATE!

SO UP YOU

BECAUSE I WILL NOT BE DISTACTED

THIS IS THE EXCITING HISTORY OF HOW THE BRITISH ARMY BEAT OFF THE GERMANS IN THE FIRST WAR <> THEN HAD TO KICK THE NAZIS <> THE SECOND TIME & I AM SURE VETERANS CAN BE PROUD COLLECTORS & THIS IS THE SUBJECT OF THIS THREAD <> STARTED BY ME <> PLEASE VISIT OFTEN <> BUT KEEP YE GOB SHUT MR DRIDDLE <> Down in the DOCK or in the OFFICE our SIBBLE!

Ohhh Naughty thing!

So follow the track

Until you can speak without looking like a idiot

Just keep ye trap shut

DigBog!

OR IS IT YOU ARE A FASCIST MAY I ASK?

Tell me

Is there a variant form of fascism?

GOTT MIT UN tHa SCULL

SHINNY BOOTS

SHINNY HELMUT

PIG STICKING

WITH YE SPEAR

GUESS >> GUESS

//

YES << YES

MR & MRS ARROGANCE

HITLER BUST

THE FORGOTTEN MUST

CHAMPAIGN

LENI REAF no STYLE

RATZ!

IN SEWERS

YELLOW BARS

NO WHITE STARS

FOR PIE IN A OVEN

BOMBS!

OVER THE SKY

IN BRITAIN

WEST AM

EAST END

CABLES

IN STREET

BIG CASS?

WEST AM

WEST AM

WITH SOFTYBOY

OV WEST AM

WEST AM

WEST AM

HA_HA_HA

SOFTYBOY ALWAYS TOLD US THAT WEST AM WON THE WORLD CUP IN 66

HA_HA_HA

AND HE WAS RIGHT

WEST AM

WEST AM

Garry Benet Cover Up

Is BeNET the RIGHT GAME?

1992 CUP FINAL PROGRAMME SHAME!

THE FULWELL BOYS

DROP A LINE FOLKS WITH ALL YE GREAT MEMORIES OF BLACK BRITISH PLAYERS

Guest reluctant_numismatist

Is there a bridge somewhere

that's missing its' troll? <_<

I think this guy is missing his medication, or his last brain cell has died. R.I.P

Your posts seem to go off into some rant or another, especially if someone says something that you don't like, this if you didn't realise is a coin forum, dedicated to COINS, there are other forums for past/present or future history and if you need to vent try somewhere else.

The people on here are very knowledgable and i for one have taken some great advice from these pople, if you have nothing useful to say about coins or medals then leave the forum and rant elsewhere, i find it highly likely you won't leave, rather, kicked off sooner or later if you keep attacking people for having an opinion and maybe disagreeing with what you wanna say.

Now i've had my say, i assume you'll disagree and start having at go at me. I will just say TTFN

JOIN IN THE FUN

BECAUSE I CAN TAKE IT

THE PROBLEM FOR THE VERY SO CALLED KNOWLEDGEABLE IS THAT ON SUBJECTS WHERE I AM KNOWLEDGEABLE I AM PROBABLY MORE KNOWLEDGEABLE THAN THEY ARE – BUT POSSIBLY LIKE YOU THEY ARE TOO DUMB TO REALISE IT.

I AM ATTEMPTING TO HIGHLIGHT THE ATTACHMENTS OF THE BRITISH ARMY AS ELEVATED BY THE MAKERS OF LEGAL TENDER COINS, MEDALLIONS & MEDALS.

IDIOTS DON’T SEEM TO LIKE IT.

AND YOU SHOULD TRY OUT YOUR OWN ADVICE AND PACK IN & GO AWAY IF YOU PREFER TO DISCUSS OTHER MATTERS.

STICK AROUND!

NOT THE SERGEANT MAJOR IDIOT!

AND WHEN YOU FLING ABOUT ABUSE

EXPECT MILD MANNERED ME TO HAVE A LAUGH

HA_HA_HA

HA_HA_HA

HA_HA_HA

TRY TO REMEMBER THERE ARE OTHER PEOPLE OTHER THAN THE IDOTS WHO READ THE CONTENT HERE – AMONG THE 70 VIEWS RECENTLY THERE WILL THOSE WHO ARE INTELLIGENT & UNLIKE THE SUPPOSED KNOWLEDGEABLE THEY WILL UNDERSTAND THAT THE ABUSE I HAVE RECEIVED IS FROM A POLITICAL MIND SET THAT WAS NURTURE IN A CESSPIT.

You're not Aidan Work are you?

He talked a similar amount of complete tosh, also after starting proper and on the right sort of subject. Then he got abusive and all silly.

JAG, I don't care how knowledgeable you may be on other subjects, you really do give the impression that you're not within the realms of what most consider normality. More importantly, you're annoying my members and that won't do. I hate censorship because usually when you let people with extreme or odd views rant and rave it just makes them look stupid (and often worse) and the rest of society places them in their metal loony bin before getting on with what they were doing!

So, in order to prevent you looking a right plonker for any longer, I have done you the favour of banning you. You're welcome to email me and we'll discuss the matter further.

Chris...my thoughts exactly does have the appearance of Mr Work!!

I didn't add anything because I was unable to formulate a reply in terms that he would relate to.

I'm not convinced it was A W because the style was too disimilar. The only thing in common with the aforesaid was a sign of mental instability, something the world is not short of.

I didn't add anything because I was unable to formulate a reply in terms that he would relate to.

I'm not convinced it was A W because the style was too disimilar. The only thing in common with the aforesaid was a sign of mental instability, something the world is not short of.

Perhaps a relative then :D

I agree. At first I thought maybe it's AW using an alias but his writing style is different. Some of JAG's first post were entertaining but they went down hill fast...

Not meaning to gang up against JAG but if he seriously thinks he is more intelligent than my grey hair sprouted out of my left bollock....I think we have a challenge.

That mental imagery has left me feeling somewhat unwell.

He was a curious individual, that's for sure - woner if he'll resurface ?

He has gone...apologies for the back sack and crack imagaries :rolleyes:

Lets move on and discuss coins :)

Gordon Bennett :o

Never thought I'd read such weird script on a coin forum.