British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
demonik1

1 franc coin with gold lustre

after sifting through yet another 20kilos of coins i found some delightfull stuff, among them was a french 1 franc coin dating 1854 with a gold tinge to it.its obviously not gold as it weighs too little but i cant find a listing for it anywhere as all the ones iv'e seen have a different reverse.anyone out there any ideas on value/grade etc..

many thanks

post-4790-126851186215_thumb.jpg

post-4790-126851187511_thumb.jpg

The 1854 1 Franc is what you have. The spec's are as follows:

90% Silver

.1446 oz ASW

Krause #: KM 779.1

764,000 coins minted

Value: Fine $25.00

VF 50.00

EF 150.00

UNC 350.00

It looks like a pretty nice coin!

thanks rlc

i have the a few from 1 centime up to 20 francs they are all in pretty good condition.i wouldn't think it would be unc but its in nice condition, so a bonus there.i'm searching for info on all others now,just couldn't find this one anywhere.

thanks again :)