British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Chris Perkins

The pictures in CCGB2005

Just to annouce that Colin Cooke has given me permission to use his pictures in the next Collectors' Coins book.

Fantastic news, because it would have been very difficult to source good enough quality pictures of some coins from my own previously used images. So the printed greyscale version should be great, but the pdf will be fantastic, with zoomable 300dpi full colour images on every page.

I'm up to page 19 with the text now, and have probably inserted about 50% of the images up to there.

ooh, you have to use the 1806 no incuse curls penny of his (or with incuse, cant remember) :) ...and thanks to colin :)

ooh, you have to use the 1806 no incuse curls penny of his (or with incuse, cant remember) :) ...and thanks to colin :)

I already have! But I just have room for the obv at the moment.

And this is the coin you wanted for your birthday and you can't even remember the variety - terrible!

Anyway, CC's pictures are high quality and should look good in Collectors' Coins - quite a coup, Chris.

Thank's Colin if you ever come on here. I see you are making good progress with the book Chris. Have you done the 1900-1936 half pennies yet because I would like to know the values in advance (if possible) B) .

And this is the coin you wanted for your birthday and you can't even remember the variety - terrible!

Anyway, CC's pictures are high quality and should look good in Collectors' Coins - quite a coup, Chris.

well, i dont really need to consider variety with it, i have no 1806 pennies yet :( ...

already have! But I just have room for the obv at the moment.

ooh, i would love the coin that is featured in a coin book :) ...it could make people envious over my collection :P ...

will you be using the 1860 proof pennies on colins site chris?

If he uses the picture of the 1903 BU half penny that I bought, then people will be envious of my collection too! :D

If he uses the picture of the 1903 BU half penny that I bought, then people will be envious of my collection too! :D

I've used that one already too!!

Do I have our permission HPJ, now that you own it? ;)

I have done the Halfpennies 1902-36, but at this stage all the values are just copied out of the 2004 edition. When I've done the book (which will be a copy of the 2004 with colour pictures) I'll check the Rotographic database for prices, assign tasks, and ask you chaps to tell me what you can find.

Excellent, Thank's Chris. A part of my collection will be famous! :D

And yes, you have my permission! :lol:

I'll check the Rotographic database for prices, assign tasks, and ask you chaps to tell me what you can find.

ooh, sounds like fun...when will this be?...(june, july, august etc...)

July or August probably. I'll be in the UK some of next month.

I'lll be telling Waterstone's and WHSmith etc that the book comes out in October, but that's just for leeway, I do hope to get it done for september.

Just to annouce that Colin Cooke has given me permission to use his pictures in the next Collectors' Coins book.

Well done Chris - you must have friends in high places ;););)

Well done Chris - you must have friends in high places ;););)

Oh yes indeed ;)

What other pictues have you used so far?

Already far too many to list!