British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Chris

Is this genuine???????

Dear, bob-e!

A virus alert was noticed on your computer.

We highly recommend you to check your computer and perform online virus check at our site immediately: http://antivirus.effectmeds.com/bob-e

Received from Lady Admin on this forum.

Regards

Bob

Chris

Is this genuine???????

Dear, bob-e!

We highly recommend you to check your computer and perform online virus check at our site immediately: http://antivirus.effectmeds.com/bob-e

Regards

Bob

I got the same message this morning too.

Chris

Is this genuine???????

Dear, bob-e!

Regards

Bob

I got the same message this morning too.

And me - obviously a fake. Still, a very nasty misuse of the forum.

Viruses tend to go through address books of your email, so someone on the forum has more than likely a virus that they don't know about and it's sending out these emails, just don't open them.

And me too.

You can block messages from specific users in your control panel.

Edited by Rob

Thanks azda and others.

Think I’ll just ignore and delete it.

Regards

Bob

I think we all go that message...at least it sounds like it. I started to go onto the site, but my McAfee program warned me not to enter the site, as it contained MALware. Delete! LOL!

Bob C.

Just got it myself...............delete

now goes by the name of "Adminlady"

She's a pain

Bob

No, this message was most certainly spam. They always seem to find ways of getting round preventions don't they. It's no doubt an automated process and not a real person at all.

NOT NOT CLICK ON THE LINK!

I've just send messages to every user to warn them. And I have of course deleted the member.

I'll also look and see if there's a way the personal messanger can be disabled for new users.

I have of course deleted the member.

Both names?

Yes, and another similar one. And some others from the last 2 weeks that looked like they were up to no good!

Good work Mr Chris,

I have a couple of friends who run the admin side of websites, and these annoying blighters can spoil their day. Personally, I no longer use Microsoft anyway, so my Ubuntu box has no probs with any kind of germs. ;)

Good work Mr Chris,

I have a couple of friends who run the admin side of websites, and these annoying blighters can spoil their day. Personally, I no longer use Microsoft anyway, so my Ubuntu box has no probs with any kind of germs. ;)

Linux is certainly safer than M$, but not immune. I have 2 Linux servers, and we are starting to see more exploits targeted at Linux. You may wish to look in to Clam AV. I believe it is available through the Ubuntu repository.

We use a black list on most of our managed forums and it seems to help. Since we use phpBB and vbulletin, I am not that familiar with IPS, however http://community.invisionpower.com/resourc...html?record=185 may be a useful link

Good luck with the Spammers

Done that! I asked IPB to upgrade me to the newest version (which works until the spammers find a new way to get around it) and enroll me for the Spam Monitor thing mentioned in your link.