British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Shezz

Fifty Pence Pieces

Guest Shezz

I collect most types of coins, but have recently been concentrating on the fifty pence piece. I currently have around thirty standard and commemorative issues from England, Eire, Gibraltar, the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands. I am trying to compile a definitive list of all the fifty pences that were minted for issue (not proofs). Can anyone provide any lists of these ? My own list has some gaps in it, but I would be willing to share what information I have with anyone else who is interested.

Thanks,

Shezz

The only book I know of that will show you all of them in English up to 2003 is the Krause 2003 catalogue, but that's very expensive and covers all World coins from 1900-2003.

I happen to have a copy so I'll have a look.

You just want the GB, Eire, Channel Isles, IOM and Gibralter types?

Chris

www.predecimal.com

Shezz,

I have checked the book and there are over 80 different 50 pees from the countries you specified. Those are all non proof coins but I'm not sure how many of them were actually circulated to be spent.

I have scribbled it down on 2 sheets of A4 and to save time wrinting again here it may be best if I just send it to you in the post.

email me your address if you like.

Chris Perkins

cp@predecimal.com

Guest Shezz

Thanks for the list Chris. I'm currently listing down everything I've got against it to see what I'm missing.

I'd be interested to hear from anyone else who has an interest in this particular coinage and may like to exchange information or even the coins themselves.