British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Mat

Can anyone vouch for this ebay seller?

Hi guys can anyone speak for this seller or have used him? The sellers ebay user name is osica_lam he has 500+ feedback and the ebay account is Australian.

I just wanted to flag this one up with you all before anyone looses £0000s, this one is not so obvious.... but it will be after I have pointed it out to you...

I am very hot on judging ebay sellers and have never been caught out yet, this one possesses the same traits as the scrupulous Chinese fraudsters but has some amazing coins listed.

I was watching 2 coins with the intention to bid that sold at 3am UK time a Rare Edward VI half sovereign and a rare Elizabeth I Angel... take a look at the half sov: 290388536640

He now has a William III 5 Guinea listed which is in amazing condition: 290390940585

Look at the factors:

Look at the Edward vi half sov, the seller has not listed what the coin is, its a harder coin to identify if you dont know coins and I cannot see how some one in the possession of such a rare coin does not know what it is...

Look at the 5 guinea, with coins like this you would expect more than a 1 line description and not to include the phrase "sold as is" for a coin worth £10k.

His listing style is typical of the Chinese fakers but the coins listed are not.... it appears to me that none of these coins are fake, they are genuine pictures but listings are a fraud, I doubt the coins exist in his possession and will never be sent to the seller...

Most of the Chinese fakers stick to milled silver typically under £400 in value, I have never seen them do fake gold nobles and hammered stuff like this yet...

I have also never come across this seller before, after years of scouring ebay for high value coins I would have thought I would have noticed this guy but no... it would appear his 536 100% positive feedback is created fictitiously, this amount of feedback is also a little uncommon for the fakers as they tend to have about 150-250 100% positive but fictitious feedback. Also all of this feedback is private which is a bit of a no no. Also his feedback comments are a little sharp and similar which is not a normal set of comments, and if you look carefully though all the comments, the word "Recommend" is spelt "Recommand" and it is spelt incorrectly by several different ebay accounts that have left feedback...

Unless you know the seller feedback means nothing, do not forgot that seller a couple of years ago that had over 2000 feedback all 100% was a power seller, all the feedback appeard to be genuine but then he listed all the 1 oz Kurrang coins which of course he did not have in his posession to sell, the value of the 400 odd listings came to nearly a million quid.

Of course I could be very wrong and all this circumstantial evidence I have conjured up in my head... but not likely. So has anyone had dealings with this guy?

Best regards

Mat

I see red flags fluttering.

One of the buyers was Michael Freeman (coriander1860) & there was another one I recognised in the first 6 pages of feedback - markw5701.

One of the buyers was Michael Freeman (coriander1860) & there was another one I recognised in the first 6 pages of feedback - markw5701.

If freeman used him and left a good feedback there must be somthing in that then, there is just too many bad traits in this seller for me to trust with such high value coins, I have asked him so many different questions over the last week ie is the coin has any creases etc and have not had a reply to any... good luck with who ever spends with him

Mat

Hi guys can anyone speak for this seller or have used him? The sellers ebay user name is osica_lam he has 500+ feedback and the ebay account is Australian.

I just wanted to flag this one up with you all before anyone looses £0000s, this one is not so obvious.... but it will be after I have pointed it out to you...

I am very hot on judging ebay sellers and have never been caught out yet, this one possesses the same traits as the scrupulous Chinese fraudsters but has some amazing coins listed.

I was watching 2 coins with the intention to bid that sold at 3am UK time a Rare Edward VI half sovereign and a rare Elizabeth I Angel... take a look at the half sov: 290388536640

He now has a William III 5 Guinea listed which is in amazing condition: 290390940585

Look at the factors:

Look at the Edward vi half sov, the seller has not listed what the coin is, its a harder coin to identify if you dont know coins and I cannot see how some one in the possession of such a rare coin does not know what it is...

Look at the 5 guinea, with coins like this you would expect more than a 1 line description and not to include the phrase "sold as is" for a coin worth £10k.

His listing style is typical of the Chinese fakers but the coins listed are not.... it appears to me that none of these coins are fake, they are genuine pictures but listings are a fraud, I doubt the coins exist in his possession and will never be sent to the seller...

Most of the Chinese fakers stick to milled silver typically under £400 in value, I have never seen them do fake gold nobles and hammered stuff like this yet...

I have also never come across this seller before, after years of scouring ebay for high value coins I would have thought I would have noticed this guy but no... it would appear his 536 100% positive feedback is created fictitiously, this amount of feedback is also a little uncommon for the fakers as they tend to have about 150-250 100% positive but fictitious feedback. Also all of this feedback is private which is a bit of a no no. Also his feedback comments are a little sharp and similar which is not a normal set of comments, and if you look carefully though all the comments, the word "Recommend" is spelt "Recommand" and it is spelt incorrectly by several different ebay accounts that have left feedback...

Unless you know the seller feedback means nothing, do not forgot that seller a couple of years ago that had over 2000 feedback all 100% was a power seller, all the feedback appeard to be genuine but then he listed all the 1 oz Kurrang coins which of course he did not have in his posession to sell, the value of the 400 odd listings came to nearly a million quid.

Of course I could be very wrong and all this circumstantial evidence I have conjured up in my head... but not likely. So has anyone had dealings with this guy?

Best regards

Mat

Mat, I clicked those references but they aren't links (I think you forgot to add the url to make them "hot"?). If you fix that I will go and have a look as well.

Hi Peckris, not sure why the links didnt work, the item number for the WIII 5 guineas is: 290390940585

Look at his "see sellers other items" then "compleated listings" for a look at his last sales.

I have asked around quite a few top buyers and no one has heard or dealt with this guy in the past....

Cheers

Mat

I like his spelling lol

1869 RUSSIA NICHOLAS I GLOD COIN 3 ROUBLES

And have you read his about me page (Stinks of chinese) His spelling and grammatiks are kaput

Welcome everyone. Thank you for visiting my About Me page. I wish all have a great bargain and happy experience on eBay.

I offer great bargain and reasonable postage cost for International buyer. And most of the items I would choose Registered Airmal so that we both buyer and seller can trace the item. Please note: I would only post items from Monday to Friday. Please keep on visiting my selling items and I will keep have special offer on my listiing regularly. Cheers Osica

Edited by azda