British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

azda

Never gonna be a bargain, but.....

Ok, this thread was started about a T/B border Farthing, i have a reply from the seller with a picture and i must say the picture is crap to say he wants someone to spend €500 on the coin, as other posters stated, i don't think it is what he says it is. Take a look

Offer him 5 euros and see what he says. It isn't a BB reverse whatever

Ok, this thread was started about a T/B border Farthing, i have a reply from the seller with a picture and i must say the picture is crap to say he wants someone to spend €500 on the coin, as other posters stated, i don't think it is what he says it is. Take a look

I could see it was toothed both sides from your first pictures - these just confirm it. Steer clear - and tbh, I would steer clear of that dealer altogether. He is either ignorant, stupid, or a crook. Whichever, you don't want to put your hard-earned his way.

Sounds like he's a typical German dealer, with a British coin that he has no real interest in so has simply assumed its the valuable one.

Yes, offer him EUR5. Tell him Every Little Helps, Azda! ;-)

(do you have much space there, near Munich?)

Much space, for an asda? Or my flat? As for the farthing, i would'nt have spent €500 on it, i'm not much of a copper fan, but i don't know why he thinks it is what is, i wonder if he wears a mask as well :-)

I think i'll email him back and tell him it's worth €5 lol

My email reply to the dealer

Hello and thank you for your picture, i don't know why you think this is a tooth/beaded border as both sides judging from the pictures are toothed, in that respect i could offer 5€ for your coin.

Please let me know what you think.

I don't suppose he'll like that!

I find the Germans can be a stingy lot. They want big things for little money. And when selling things, it's the other way around: they want big money for little things.

I meant space on your premises, perhaps space for a car until the weather gets better in the East. But, if you have a flat then I suspect you just have space on the street, which is not ideal.

We live erdgeschoss and we have 2 or 3 visitor spaces and not often they are used, so i don't see it being a problem myself

The reply to my offer of 5 euros for the Farthing from the dealer.

Thank you for your offer,

but there will be no deal (for EUR 5,-).

From our perspective it is a t/b coin.

What you can tell from the picture is (at least)

that there is a different "toothing" an both sides.

But if you are not sure, maybe it is better that way.

The reply to my offer of 5 euros for the Farthing from the dealer.

Thank you for your offer,

but there will be no deal (for EUR 5,-).

From our perspective it is a t/b coin.

What you can tell from the picture is (at least)

that there is a different "toothing" an both sides.

But if you are not sure, maybe it is better that way.

Is that like having a half set of falsers and a real set?? You should name the dealer - so everyone can avoid!!

Has anyone got a T/B Farthing, a good picture to send a reply to him would be good

Different teeth that are beads! That's a new one.

How long are your visitor spaces azda? I don't mess around with little cars!

I don't think it matters Chris, i could maybe move it once a week to a different space, but as i said, no one really uses them. How big is it. Probably a Bently lol

If anyone asks, i could always say its mine anyway

Probably a Bentley lol

No, not this time, but probably about the same size.

We'll talk over email, the whole world doesn't need to know my business.