British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Chris Perkins

Peck and Freeman

Chaps,

I know there are 2, maybe 3 of you that have copies of peck and or freeman. It has been suggested that I should put peck no.s for all copper coins and freeman no.s for all bronze.

In the current Collectors' Coins books that information is patchy and I don't have either a Peck or a Freeman!

Would any of you be able to send me a Peck/Freeman via insured post to borrow for a couple of months? I know that's a tall order, and I'm sure the book gets lots of use, but there's no harm asking and I'd look after them.

Also, if anyone knows where I can purchase them, that'd be great.

i dont have a peck or freeman, but wouldent you have to ask the authors permision?

I wish that I had one of those books but they just are too expensive for me at the moment. There don't seen to be any for sale anywhere!

Chris,

Why not get Michael Gouby's book - it's much cheaper than Peck or Freeman, has more varieties and has cross refs to both

And it's still in print.

I wish someone would make a .pdf copy of it to download because the sheer price of it prohibits most of the market from owning what has come to be known as the definitive copper book. In his stock list, Cooke says he has a copy going for about £110 I think but it's far too much to spend on a book!

I wish someone would make a .pdf copy of it to download because the sheer price of it prohibits most of the market from owning what has come to be known as the definitive copper book. In his stock list, Cooke says he has a copy going for about £110 I think but it's far too much to spend on a book!

Exactly, I am not going to spend that much of a book.

Chris,

Why not get Michael Gouby's book - it's much cheaper than Peck or Freeman, has more varieties and has cross refs to both

And it's still in print.

It's occurred to me that I was being a bit penny-centric with that reply- since that's all that Gouby covers.

But well worth the investment anyway.

I have both Peck & Freeman and though I'd like to help there's no way I could get along without them. But I'm happy to look up anything you need to check.

I got my copies from here

http://www.galata.co.uk/

I think there's someone who advestises coin books in the classifieds in Coin News as well.

Thanks Custard, I've spoken to Mr Gouby and I'll probably meet him at the London coin fair. So that's pennies sorted. Peter Morris thinks he has both for sale, but needs to check, and I'll call him tomorrow.

Master Jmd: I'm not going to copy the books! I just need to know the reference numbers of the coins, so that I can provide them in the Collectors' coins titles.

You can borrow my Peck and Freeman Chris

DAS

Thanks DAS!

I'll email you.

I don't have either, but if I did they would be on the way! :D