British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Chris Perkins

Rotograpic.co.uk P2

Right, well the domain name works now, so the site is under:

http://www.rotographic.co.uk

I have made some improvements and additions. You'll notice the swish menu which will allow me to add things without changing lots on the pages.

A few of the pages are not complete yet, but something that is complete and was inspired by Custard1966 is the database for collecting info on British coins. Go to 'Your Input', 'British Coin prices 1760-1821'. I'm very pround of that function, and am offering free books for the best contributor (which doesn't apply to people that help me out here, because you'll get free books anyway!)

So, when you buy coins from anyone, go to Rotographic.co.uk and enter them in to the database so that other numismatists can benefit.

That was a great idea from Custard, I've put a few of my purchases in there to help you keep up with the fast moving prices of half pennies.

i have put my 1901 penny in your database...will you need our names, i have seen that a few of us are already there...i will PM my name to you chris if you want...

(sorry, i couldent edit):

for your database, are coin sets included? (can i say that i bought a FDC 1970 set?)

Yes, that's a good point, I better specify 'Demonination or set type' instead of just denomination.

Put '1970 Proof set' as the demonination.

And yes, PM me your name Master JMD, I didn't know it.

I've added my third faryhing to your database. I'm really very proud of it...

Will you tell me your real name MJMD?

I've added about six farthings from Cooke. JMD could be Jebedia Mildred Dougal - but let's not get into hypothesis about this!

I've added about six farthings from Cooke. JMD could be Jebedia Mildred Dougal - but let's not get into hypothesis about this!

He has told me his name! :P

BTW, it's not Jebedia Mildred Dougal!

Jebedia Mildred Dougal

not quite :P ...its here any way as mr. J.m.d

Erm no it isn't!

Why can't you tell us what your real name is then?

Erm no it isn't!

Yes it is: JM Donnelly!

What does the 'JM' stand for?

James (m = my pwd for the forum) :)

Edited by Master J.M.D

Oh right MJMD said it was Mr JMD so I was looking for that!

Kool :D

are theese you lot then:

Mr O Kenyon - Numismatic Researcher (British Coins)

oli?

Mr W Marshall - Numismatic Researcher (British Coins)

william?

Mr J Styles - Numismatic Researcher (British Coins)

penny master?

God you're quick! ;)

Yes that is my name, Jonathan Styles (a.k.a on this forum as Penny Master)

Yes that is my name, Jonathan Styles (a.k.a on this forum as Penny Master)

yes, i saw that your name was jonathan on a previous topic...

chris,

when will the irish coin input be ready?...i sold my millenium punt about 5 weeks ago for £3.50 and i would like to add it :)

It should just be a case of me copying the page, changing the wording, and creating another database.

I'll probably do it when Rotographic is properly in my hands. At the moment the new (and first) website also benefits the existing owners and I don't really need to do it until the books go out with www.rotographic.co.uk printed in them. No one except you lot will probably see the website before then!

(By the way - There are already 28 different coin records in the database, so well done chaps)

Thanks for changing my forum name Chris due to the change in my collection! :D

Right, well the domain name works now, so the site is under:

http://www.rotographic.co.uk

I have made some improvements and additions. You'll notice the swish menu which will allow me to add things without changing lots on the pages.

A few of the pages are not complete yet, but something that is complete and was inspired by Custard1966 is the database for collecting info on British coins. Go to 'Your Input', 'British Coin prices 1760-1821'. I'm very pround of that function, and am offering free books for the best contributor (which doesn't apply to people that help me out here, because you'll get free books anyway!)

So, when you buy coins from anyone, go to Rotographic.co.uk and enter them in to the database so that other numismatists can benefit.

This looks great Chris.

Is it too late for some extra info?

I think it would be useful to add a 'purchase type' field which would probably have a fixed set of values

auction

internet auction

online purchase

coin fair

private sale

etc

It would then be possible to see how prices vary across these types of source.

Also, I assume you want us to use this to record prices we see being realised. Do we need some way to distinguish prices we've seen from prices we've paid ?

That's a very good idea custard, that way people could see prices for different types of sale and therefore set a limit.

Thanks for changing my forum name Chris due to the change in my collection! :D

i think i liked penny master best...but it is your name not mine...

Also, I assume you want us to use this to record prices we see being realised. Do we need some way to distinguish prices we've seen from prices we've paid ?

yes, this is a good idea, as with the other ideas you have made :)