British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
kuhli

Layout and design

Very true, very true.

But I'll give it decent pics and a spine first!

I also think we should start with the crowns. Chris, UNC and BU will be much better, is AFDC even a proper grade? :blink:

Can't you swap it around and start with the crowns first and work down to the fractional stuff, instead of having the copper first, just never looked right to me.

I have notised that, all other books start with crowns...

I think i'd dump all the pattern coinage and i'd definately dump all the Edward VIII stuff.

yes, only add patern coinage if it is nessesary (mayby the 1860 patern pennies)...the Edward VIII coinage is not nessesary, the only coin availible to collectors is the 1937 threepence, and that is highly rare...

That's not a bad idea! But i've started it now, and I'm currently on page 9!

I hope you are recording these ideas chris...Page 9, so have you already encountered the quater farthings yet?, the contence page is easily changeable isnt it?

I also think we should start with the crowns. Chris, UNC and BU will be much better

I agree...

is AFDC even a proper grade?

Doubt it, it s not on any website as a grade...and surely it is only possible to get proofs in 'AFDC', normal unc coins would not be in 'AFDC' condition even if they have just left the mint...'AFDC' is basicly 'GBU' isnt it?

(couldent edit...for the third time :rolleyes: )

I know that the collectors coins does not include gold coinage, but does the george III coin book have gold?...if it does then i could add a few George III sovereigns to your database chris...

the contence page is easily changeable isnt it?

Yes, I hate the contents page, we should move that to the first page and then have the crowns next etc etc.

You're right, I will probably put the contents page inside (in contents order, not alphabetical :s) and there will then follow a short introdution. I think I'm too far in now (page 10) to start with crowns this time!

I have included George III coins from 1797. The book will start in 1797 so as to cover all the Soho Boulton coins as well as the Great re-coinage. I consider 1797 to be the year when modern coinage as we know it really took off in the United Kingdom.

I have included George III coins from 1797. The book will start in 1797 so as to cover all the Soho Boulton coins as well as the Great re-coinage. I consider 1797 to be the year when modern coinage as we know it really took off in the United Kingdom.

:) my idea :D

And a very good idea it was too :rolleyes:

The only one of these books that I currently have is the 2004 CCGB, but CCGIII should be on the way soon. Tonight I will review CCGB and make notes about what I do like and what I might like to see changed.