British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
davidrj

Hello

Hi

I've just joined this forum, so I thought I would say "Hello"

I started collecting coins as youngster in the run up to decimalisation, I was one of those kids who pestered bank tellers for a 5/- bag of pennies with my pocket money!

I almost made the complete date run of pennies (but not all the varieties), the only one I never found in circulation was a 1951. Never did complete the halfpenny series, and farthings were long gone when I was hunting from circulation.

The coins were put away and forgotten for many years - study, girl friends, wife, mortgage, familly & career took precedence for both time and cash!

Semi retirement and my discovery of Ebay rekindled my interest.

I'm still a penny freak, but my main collecting area is now to get all the foreign ones, not just Ireland and the commonwealth but the 30mm bronze issues from the Latin Union and further afield.

French bronze 10 centime pieces are my current project.

:D

David

Hello and welcome! There's quite a few penny fans on here. :D

Welcome david! I was the same with banks and my 5/- ...

My only bits of luck were getting a 1926ME penny in change as my first ever 1926, and then when i decided to have a go at 3d bits after months of checking bronze, finding a 1949 in the first bag I looked through. Never found a 1950 or 1951 penny, but let's be honest, they never quite escaped their hype, did they?

Good luck with your present collecting.

Edited by Peckris

Welcome David ~ good to see you. As Peckris says there are a number of penny fans and collectors on here, including me and him.

The magic of coins is that your interest can be rekindled after as long as even 40 years, and that collection you put aside all those years ago, will be exactly the same as you last saw them in 1969, or whenever.