British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Sylvester

1993 Large 10p?

My coin catalogues are a bit out of date and my 2000 Coincraft doesn't mention this coin.

Is this genuine, did they make Proof 1993 Large 10p coins? Looking at the size of the 10 on the reverse in comparison to the boarder beads it does look like a large 10p rather than a small one.

Large 10p

My 1993 proof set only includes a 'small' ten pence, not a large one, so I think this is either a con or more likely its a mis-description.

My 1993 proof set only includes a 'small' ten pence, not a large one, so I think this is either a con or more likely its a mis-description.

A mis-description is what I was thinking!

That joker is showing a scan of an obverse of a small proof 1993 10p and a large proof 10p reverse (date unknown). If you look at the border beads it should be clear enough. And the pictures are two different sizes anyway !!

Sheesh. If you're going to be dishonest and rip everyone off, then at least do it properly ... :lol:

That would explain it, in all my years of collecting i'd never come across a large 1993 10p! :P However, proofs is an area of coinage that I avoid any contact with (and are thus clueless on) so it would come as no surprise to me if i'd missed something as big as that. :rolleyes:

That joker is showing a scan of an obverse of a small proof 1993 10p and a large proof 10p reverse (date unknown). If you look at the border beads it should be clear enough. And the pictures are two different sizes anyway !!

Sheesh. If you're going to be dishonest and rip everyone off, then at least do it properly ... :lol:

You are quite right, so it looks like a deliberately false image. I can't quite see why anybody would bother though. I mean, at best its a £5.99 sale, not a million!!

You are quite right, so it looks like a deliberately false image. I can't quite see why anybody would bother though. I mean, at best its a £5.99 sale, not a million!!

I think the 'undated 20p' madness has infected the whole of eBay. :huh: