British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
josie

Cause of flooding in the west of Great Britain?

http://rmhh.co.uk/blackpool.html

What is the date in 1532 and 1555 when it was inudated?

Any other part in the west have same thing happen in 1500?

What is the cause?

Seen a documentary trying to know the cause of a flooding, in some part of the west, I think its cornwall or somewhere else the cause is still unknown.

previous coast of the midwest of GB was several miles out in the sea during the time of H8 that there was a dock, but later abandoned.

Seen also about rouge wave documentary (wolfram and other expert),also a 7 bull run a smaller version of china that is an annual event in wales I think,

Seen also the documentary about jet stream that affect GB weather.

Seen also a british physicist that predict the weather from the formation of the earth if it is nearest to the sun and moon and the state of sun that he predict one year advance.

Also seen a documentary how sand moves and how mud moves that they are different.

Edited by josie

Just posting.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/8188550.stm

Deeper the sea level the stronger the current,they have sand,depth and current.

Just wonder where is the jetstream in blackpool in 2008.it might affect the weather also.

The jet stream has been further South for the last three Summers, including this one. Hence the increased rainfall.

I don't know about the weather events of several centuries ago, but I do know that this country has always been liable to flooding, given the right conditions. Many houses were built on flood plains during the relatively dry 70's, 80's and 90's. Their owners got a shock in recent years. It is also bad news to live near a river.

The West country is especially prone to serious flooding. The cause of the floods at Boscastle in August 2004, closely mirrored those at Lynmouth in August 1952, when many lost their lives.