British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Peckris

20p - now it's got ridiculous - OFFICIAL !

Annoyingly, I cant find the link or item number now, but there was one lot of 13 updated 20p's... Buy It Now - £10,000,000. A best offer was made of £7,000,000! Oddly this was accepted within seconds! Obviously there is no way to know if the transaction completed or not (I cant remember the sellers name to check the feedback!) but if that was a genuine offer, I'm properly scared at the level of stupidity!

Annoyingly, I cant find the link or item number now, but there was one lot of 13 updated 20p's... Buy It Now - £10,000,000. A best offer was made of £7,000,000! Oddly this was accepted within seconds! Obviously there is no way to know if the transaction completed or not (I cant remember the sellers name to check the feedback!) but if that was a genuine offer, I'm properly scared at the level of stupidity!

You don't get £7,000,000 by being that stupid. I notice the number of coin for sale is dropping as quick as the prices now. How can someone sell multiple coins that are supposed to be rare, just the fact they have several makes them not rare. Give it a week and it will all be a distant memory

Don't worry, I'm the antithesis to and antidote for this... :lol:

Has it been mentioned yet, that the ones that were going for the hundreds and thousands not so long ago were all hidden bidder identities? Bidder 1, bidder 2, bidder 4 etc...

You don't get £7,000,000 by being that stupid. I notice the number of coin for sale is dropping as quick as the prices now. How can someone sell multiple coins that are supposed to be rare, just the fact they have several makes them not rare. Give it a week and it will all be a distant memory

I was referring to the buyer, but I did very nearly message the seller to make that very point! At the time, there were approaching 1000 of these coins on eBay!

I was referring to the buyer, but I did very nearly message the seller to make that very point! At the time, there were approaching 1000 of these coins on eBay!

I was refering to the buyer also. Someone who has that amount of cash isn't going to be stupid enough to spend it of the 20p

Fair point, however these have to top the lot!

Listing - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Undated-20p-Royal-mi...id=p3286.c0.m14

Sellers Feedback page - http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...eedbackAsSeller

Listing - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Undated-20p-coin-Min...id=p3286.c0.m14

Seller Feedback page - http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...eedbackAsSeller

I especially love the the first one doesnt even know how much he's 'bid'!

:D

Guest dsupremelady

id gladly sell my undated 20p for between 5-7 grand of course i would, i have never been out of financial difficulty and would start decent savings for my children and redecorate our home they could even have a much needed new wardrobe of clothes each.

post-4816-1249292250_thumb.jpg

id gladly sell my undated 20p for between 5-7 grand of course i would, i have never been out of financial difficulty and would start decent savings for my children and redecorate our home they could even have a much needed new wardrobe of clothes each.

??????????? You're out of luck I'm afraid, just watched three genuine (according to the photo's in mirror etc) finish on ebay. Average winning bid?.................................................................. £55!

I wouldn't hold it with those pointy tweezers!!! :o

Scratches could reduce the value of a coin drastically, even if only a modern 20 pence piece.

Edited by HistoricCoinage

I wouldn't hold it with those pointy tweezers!!! :o

Scratches could reduce the value of a coin drastically, even if only a modern 20 pence piece.

Oh don't worry. The person who is likely to pay several thousands for an undated 20p on eBay hasn't got a brain connected to their eyes, so it won't matter. :lol: