British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sorry it's not 2009 but 2008 - but I've just got only my second "old style" 10p coins in change today. They're certainly elusive little buggers! Now as for the 2p - I found one old style one fairly early on but haven't seen any since and don't even get me started on Britannia 50s - I'm still looking for one of them!!

I've had about a dozen of the old style 2008 10ps, maybe there's a localised element to how the coins are distributed! There seems to be quite a few round these parts. But I haven't seen any old style 2008 50ps though.

Another 2009 penny in my change along with a pint of bitter in the Bullfinch.

Are they filtering down from the big retailers now ?

The 2008 Brittania 50p's are out there. They only ever produced 700,000 according to the Mint website and I've only ever come across one which I have in my collection.

The 2p's are also a complete sod to find. I've just got two of them. I have a number of all the others.

i picked up bost types of 2008 1p this week, been a while since i seen old design

have 2 old design 2p's

3 10p's

and 5 of the £1

all old design 2008 lol

not seen a britannia 50p, getting 1997's every flipping day

i picked up bost types of 2008 1p this week, been a while since i seen old design

have 2 old design 2p's

3 10p's

and 5 of the £1

all old design 2008 lol

not seen a britannia 50p, getting 1997's every flipping day

I'm seeing a lot of 1997s for most denominations actually. I know they've always been pretty well represented but there's a lot of only lightly circulated 1997s turning up.

UK decimals are my 'speciality', but I've only started going direct to the Royal Mint within the last couple of weeks.

2008 - Still looking for both £2 Olympics issues, 50p Britannia, and the undated 20p mule. Also need both the £5.

2009 - Although I have everything issued to date from the Royal Mint as Proof/BU, the only one that I have from circulation is the 1p (lots of them).

Bill.

UK decimals are my 'speciality', but I've only started going direct to the Royal Mint within the last couple of weeks.

2008 - Still looking for both £2 Olympics issues, 50p Britannia, and the undated 20p mule. Also need both the £5.

2009 - Although I have everything issued to date from the Royal Mint as Proof/BU, the only one that I have from circulation is the 1p (lots of them).

Bill.

Hi bilnic - may I offer a word of advice? The 'secondary market' in UK decimals values them much lower than their RM issue (and Spink) prices. If you are prepared to hold on past the actual year of issue, most items can be picked up at auction at a very much lower price. Since dealing, I would never now buy anything from the Mint.

A rare day.

Not one, but two 2009 10p pieces and a 1998 Gibraltar 10p in my change this lunchtime.

saw the first 5p on friday though, cant wait to get my hands on some

saw the first 5p on friday though, cant wait to get my hands on some

Courtesy of my folks, my new 2009 5p came winging its way from a supermarket in North London. Looking out for the rest of the denominations apart from the penny which can be found v. easily round here.

Makes me wonder how the logistics works - how they actually get from Llantrisant to your local Tescos - do they go via a bank, or do the Royal Mint trucks actually unload direct at the Supermarket...?

It would make sense if you were trying to get straight to where the demand would be - I can't see many occassions where banks would dish out 1ps

just a thought...

First 2009 5p received in change today.

Makes me wonder how the logistics works - how they actually get from Llantrisant to your local Tescos - do they go via a bank, or do the Royal Mint trucks actually unload direct at the Supermarket...?

Planning something ? ;)

Just back from a weeks training in Portsmouth. I live in South London and record the £1's that ordinarily pass through my hands. I've noted that the 'Bridge' series is quite rare around here, but in Pompey they were everywhere. Interesting town numismatically, Portsmouth - probably doesn't think of itself as such, but lots of people work there in the week and go home to say Liverpool or Glasgow at the weekends, so one encounters the full breadth of distribution.

Still no fake for me though, some Gibraltar coins, but no fakes. I'm told they are centred in Scotland and Northern Ireland, maybe that's why ?

I now have the 2009 5p from the Co-Op on Portsmouth Hard.

Scanning this thread, I think I'm right in saying that's 1p, 5p and 10p out of their wrappers, any reports of anything else ?

Scanning this thread, I think I'm right in saying that's 1p, 5p and 10p out of their wrappers, any reports of anything else ?

Lots of 2009 1p here in S.Manchester, no sign yet of owt else

The 2p's are going to be rare Never Seen a 50p

I found a gilbrater coin from 2002 and a 50th annavirsarry 4 min mile 50p

how amazing

The 2p's are going to be rare Never Seen a 50p

I found a gilbrater coin from 2002 and a 50th annavirsarry 4 min mile 50p

how amazing

the 5p's are in N. manchester :P

Nice shiny 2009 2p in change today from the corner shop (S.Manchester)

i found a nice 2008 with an interesting feature, i'll put the pic up later

ok

img4156i.th.jpg

here it is, coin is UNC bar the usualy knocks etc, spotted this in a similar way to the photo, shows it (except i wasn't lookind directly at it) as you can see there is a line cutting through the edge, its not very deep or wide but its not a random knock or carving, its too neat, thoughts?

Edited by scott

been a long while since anyone has found anything

got the 10p and 20p :D

been a long while since anyone has found anything

I've been getting so many that I'm just spending them. :rolleyes:

So just the 50p and the £1 we're short of.

Or have we had the £1, I've stopped paying attention......

So just the 50p and the £1 we're short of.

Or have we had the £1, I've stopped paying attention......

I stopped paying attention when I saw the title of this discussion! :lol: