British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

I am trying to compile an article on the Weyl patterns and I am looking for references to any literature outlining the history, trading dates, products and any other info regarding Lauer, the manufacturer of various toy coins etc based in Nurnberg. It can be written in English or German. Chris?

Thanks.

I'd only google.de and google.co.uk, which I expect you've already done!

Thanks. I'd accept any reference which mentions them, even if it is only a paragraph or two.

Thanks. I'd accept any reference which mentions them, even if it is only a paragraph or two.

Rob, I have a copy of Rogers 'Toy Coins', pm me if you think it will help

John

There are three articles in Coin Monthly Dec 75, Jan 76 & Feb 76 by D.Magnay detailing various coins and there varieties, but I dont see the name weyl anywhare. There is also a letter from D E Magnay FRNS in the June 1978 issue and a reply to it in the August 1978 issue. I can scan these and email them to you if these are of any help.

Edited by AardHawk

There are three articles in Coin Monthly Dec 75, Jan 76 & Feb 76 by D.Magnay detailing various coins and there varieties, but I dont see the name weyl anywhare. There is also a letter from D E Magnay FRNS in the June 1978 issue and a reply to it in the August 1978 issue. I can scan these and email them to you if these are of any help.

Yes please.

I am trying to compile an article on the Weyl patterns and I am looking for references to any literature outlining the history, trading dates, products and any other info regarding Lauer, the manufacturer of various toy coins etc based in Nurnberg. It can be written in English or German. Chris?

Thanks.

I have one or two Adolph Weyl patterns and several Lauer play coins all 1887. Weyl is not so hard to get a brief history for try http://www.rpcoins.co.uk/c14.html and if you can talk with Rob Pearce, I hope you are not the same Rob, he is also working on an article concerning the provenances of all Weyl coin patterns. What Weyl patterns do you have please? Anything of 1887 would be of particular interest. Andrew

Thanks.

I have one or two Adolph Weyl patterns and several Lauer play coins all 1887. Weyl is not so hard to get a brief history for try http://www.rpcoins.co.uk/c14.html and if you can talk with Rob Pearce, I hope you are not the same Rob, he is also working on an article concerning the provenances of all Weyl coin patterns. What Weyl patterns do you have please? Anything of 1887 would be of particular interest. Andrew

Sadly, I fear I am the same Rob that met the same Andrew earlier this year.