British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Emperor Oli

Paranoia setting in!

Hi all

As you know, i'm collecting brass farthings but recently i've been quite worried about humidity and verdi gris. Does anyone know an ideal humidity to store them at? My attention has been drawn to this because I spotted a speck of verdi gris on one of my Victoria farthings (not part of the whole set i'm collecting).

I store my coins in a dry atmosphere. I think I read somewhere that a dry atmosphere helps prevent that horrible nuisance!

would keeping the nicer coins i have in capsuals or my coin folder prevent this?

I don't know. However, I keep all my nicer coins in coin capsules in Lindner coin trays. I think this helps keep them grime free due to the dryness of the air inside the capsules. I think I also read somewhere that you shouldn't keep them in a hot atmosphere.

(as a side note Penny Master, the large Lighthouse trays on my website are identical to Lindner, stack with Lindner and cost less: http://www.predecimal.com/collectors/shop/...largertrays.htm :D)

If I do need new trays, I will bring my business to you!

I'll put some silica gel in with them, that should soak up any moisture!