British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

bhp3rd

Young head Queen Vic Medal

I'm new so forgive me but I have a 22 mm brass Great Britain Medal dated June 1837 with young head queen Victorian and on the rev. St.slaying dragon with the inscription "by trampling on liberty I lost the reins" - it is a condition good at best very worn but still readable. Don't ask for pictures as I am photo challenged but there is the exact same piece on "medalsforsale" website. That is the only place I have found any info. regarding this and please someone help me find out if the piece is really that rare and/or worth anything.

Thanking you in advance,

Ben

We've been here before. :D

Google Cumberland Jack....sorry.

Note That I have looked and looked and have only found this particular piece on "medalsforsale" and know where else yet - as far as I can tell the reference to Cumberlad Jack only addresses the Hanover type pieces not this one -

So what am I missing here I hate to be a pain as this site is not that easy to use and I don't feel like anyone is taking my request seriously and I really want the info?????

The piece is brass it has young head vic on front with her coronation date, June 20th?, 1837 on the rev. St. Anthony slaying the dragon with the inscription, "I lost the reins by trampling on Liberty"

Some one please help?????????????????

Ben "new but frustrated" Peters

Note That I have looked and looked and have only found this particular piece on "medalsforsale" and know where else yet - as far as I can tell the reference to Cumberlad Jack only addresses the Hanover type pieces not this one -

So what am I missing here I hate to be a pain as this site is not that easy to use and I don't feel like anyone is taking my request seriously and I really want the info?????

The piece is brass it has young head vic on front with her coronation date, June 20th?, 1837 on the rev. St. Anthony slaying the dragon with the inscription, "I lost the reins by trampling on Liberty"

Perhaps you could supply the URL of the website that is offering the piece that is similar to yours. If his coin is in a comparable condition to yours what is his price? Political medalets of this type were very common.

David

All you have to do is type in medalsfortrade not medalsforsale, sorry about that and this piece is right on the page - mine is excactly like the one shown. Please help,

Ben

They may work for you, depending on how your browser is setup. You type in medalsforsale or trade, or whatever it is and it may well default to the nearest website matching that.

For the rest of the world it's gets us absolutely no where! For me it defaults to a google search and says 'did you mean 'Medals for trade'. It presents 2 website results, neither of which appear to be the one you're referring to!

We need a proper URL, something which starts http:// or even www. will probably do.

This website is perfectly easy to use and we are taking your request seriously but none of us have time for a wild goose chase trying to find the right website from a few joined up words.

All you have to do is type in medalsfortrade not medalsforsale, sorry about that and this piece is right on the page - mine is excactly like the one shown. Please help,

Ben

Got it.

http://medals4trade.com/collections/displa...cat=0&pos=1

The contributor says it is RRR - according to Brown - which I do not have. As far as I know, the reverse legend refers to the Reform Bill of 1832, and the general lingering discontent that resulted from it.

RRR does not necessarily mean it is particularly valuable, it depends on demand. If as you say it is very worn, then it is probably not worth much. However I don't know that for sure. There are no catalogues of values for this sort of medalet as far as I know.

I'm quite sure I've got the William IV version of that somewhere, oe had it at some stage. No doubt they are rare, but like Dg says, the demand is what dictates the value, not the rarity. ANd that type of brass medalet are quite undercollected.

20 June 1837 is the accession date, not the coronation date. This is either an accession medal of a fairly common type or, as others have suggested, a gaming token.

20 June 1837 is the accession date, not the coronation date. This is either an accession medal of a fairly common type or, as others have suggested, a gaming token.

Does this help ? http://www.napoleonicmedals.org/coins/bhm-1442.htm

Go to E-Bay and put this in the search box.

WILLIAM 1111 POLITICAL TOKEN