British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Guest Katie

Slade Hampton & Sons

Guest Katie

Hi,

this is a bit of an odd request

but if any one ahs any information at all on what happened to this company

how long the functioned for,

Owners etc.

I would love as much information as possible,

Many thanks

Katie

I know this is years later to reply but I am interested in slade Hampton and wondered why you were asking. George Hampton of slade Hampton was my father and I am trying to find out any info I can about him.

No chance. The OP was a guest and isn't a member since, so can't be contacted.

A Quick Google search shows that the Nationsl Archive contains information about your father's company, including orders for commemorative medals in the late 60's. You probably know this though.

Yes I think I saw that the company was dissolved and that is as far as I have got. My father is dead but I am trying to trace people he worked with etc not sure where to go from here, any suggestions

None personally, Fiona, but I wish you all the very best in your search!

Given the similarity between your request and the OP, I'm wondering if both of you are chasing the same info. i.e. who else was he in business with and did they have descendants? Presumably you can get all the company details and accounts from Companies' House. Any directors will be listed together with their addresses at the time. Armed with that info you should be able to track down some relations, particularly if they left the company on retirement and continued to live in their homes.

Guest Jesus Ortiz-Cruz

I have coins issued ( Slade Hampton & Son LTD.. 56 George Street, London W1H 5RF) any clue on the value of these?

If so can you get back to me on Facebook @Jesus Simone Ortiz-Cruz

Thank you

1 hour ago, Guest Jesus Ortiz-Cruz said:

I have coins issued ( Slade Hampton & Son LTD.. 56 George Street, London W1H 5RF) any clue on the value of these?

If so can you get back to me on Facebook @Jesus Simone Ortiz-Cruz

Thank you

I doubt you'll get much response without some pictures of what you have.

Have a lonely day on Facebook :rolleyes:

Guest Nicki

I found this at a carboot is there any info on it at all? 

Many thanks 

Nicki

image.jpg

image.jpg

There's quite a lot of these privately struck, high quality commems around : I have 2 VIVAT REGINA crowns from 1978, another for JFK, another for early astronauts. Nice pieces but I'm not sure  they're worth a great deal?