British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

josie

GB pounds and EU euro?

The pound will continue, and the Euro will be adopted in Slovakia.

Like to ask some question.

Is euro and GBP is in bullion or same like USD on value on how much money to made a coin?

For now every small denomination removed from circulation as other posted in other forum and seen the effects on other countries inflation goes up,also when new denomination of coin is produce that are held by noted and bills.

What will happen if 5,10 or 20 euro and GBP coin is made, and half or 3/4 of its metal is made of silver,to be used in circulation,what will be the effect on it?

As a net saver, I cannot for the life of me, see the point of giving my money to the banks! What is the next step? Will the banks begin to charge for the "service" of looking after my money? :angry:

As a net saver, I cannot for the life of me, see the point of giving my money to the banks! What is the next step? Will the banks begin to charge for the "service" of looking after my money? :angry:

Many a true word...

But doesn't it give you a warm feeling that our largesse has provided a wonderful servant of the community with a mere £700k a year pension.

I dont know but here banks charging rate for every transaction maybe like a account maintenace and in the past as far I can recall they are offerimg services like your accountant on how to handle every transaction for security.

local banks,central banks,ecb,imf,wb.

Just a comment most of them in position have lot of info on what they are doing,we will just wait and see what they will do next.

Any idea?

I'm going to pull a big dividend out of my Company Account as this is earning me 0.2%.

I spoke to my accountant and he couldn't advise any safe places (cash ISA only 0.9% and limited investment)....so Coin Fair here I come (past the Porsche Garage...I would love a Cayman).

Gold...its a bit late & quality copper is so rare so hammered / milled silver looks on the cards.

I'm usually very careful with money but what is happening to people who have looked after their finances is worrying....so I'm hedging a few bets of my own and making this money disappear from the taxmans radar....and also intend to enjoy it.

I'm going to pull a big dividend out of my Company Account as this is earning me 0.2%.

You're lucky, mine pays 0.1%. :angry:

I spoke to my accountant and he couldn't advise any safe places (cash ISA only 0.9% and limited investment)....so Coin Fair here I come (past the Porsche Garage...I would love a Cayman).

Gold...its a bit late & quality copper is so rare so hammered / milled silver looks on the cards.

I'm usually very careful with money but what is happening to people who have looked after their finances is worrying....so I'm hedging a few bets of my own and making this money disappear from the taxmans radar....and also intend to enjoy it.

Avoid a Cayman at all costs, the residuals are catastrophic and being a big Range-Rover-like thing it's not really a proper Porsche!

Avoid a Cayman at all costs, the residuals are catastrophic and being a big Range-Rover-like thing it's not really a proper Porsche!

I can just imagine what the assurance/insurance on that beast is too.

Just posting.

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/exchange-rates

Tin-silver-gold,wool-hides-weath,coal-gas-oil to British bull dog shoes,kinky boots to renewable energy,pennyweight to Troy ounce.

Carob-weath-barley or millet-rice maybe olive-palm-coconut.

We will just wait and see.just a comment.

Just posting.

Tin-silver-gold,wool-hides-weath,coal-gas-oil to British bull dog shoes,kinky boots to renewable energy,pennyweight to Troy ounce.

British bull dog shoes,kinky boots ??? :o

Just posting.

British bull dog shoes,kinky boots ??? :o

Just saw some poster in the past that have a parade soldier,shoe and bulldog guest it might go to iconagraphy of could be anything else,just one among the products in UKGB like loake and others as in ancient Britannia are importing hides and wool before the rubber and synthetic-byproduct of oil,in the movie kinky boots that there is a place that most of them are into shoe production loads of craftsman just a comment,same as the place I grew up marikina due to various reason high taxes etc they move to antipolo the biggest reason is mass production in china that they are flooding the market upto using pig skin as leather,good crackling just a comment,that decades before that most sole of the shoes are synthetic easily worn and torn low quality unlike older shoes or combat boots last long now 150 euro for caterpillar last only one year and 60 euro last only 4 months.

Products is like cash.

Just posting.

The one bit of that link that I like is this:-

But sterling is more than holding its own against the dollar at the $1.66 mark - its best rate since December 2009.

Actually now £1.67. Could be a good time to buy e bay coins from the States.

Just posting.

But sterling is more than holding its own against the dollar at the $1.66 mark - its best rate since December 2009.

In the past dont know whos currency will hold there are amero and pound joining the euro now the Asia basket for yuan,I think they are interconnected dont know whos position better maybe pound they just morp the pound to the dollar in decimalization it could be anyone just a comment.

Just posting.

In the past dont know whos currency will hold there are amero and pound joining the euro now the Asia basket for yuan,I think they are interconnected dont know whos position better maybe pound they just morp the pound to the dollar in decimalization it could be anyone just a comment.

It should be 1 Pound is to 2.4 USA dollars or 1 troy ounce of silver minimum wages per day 1.56grams-1 troy ounce as a barometer or scale for inflation to gauge the value of world currencies not only on the demand of its metal, that they use lowest metal is copper plated steel use in circulation,they are saying correction in precious metal to correct with copper plated steel to correct silver etc,sterling silver or use silver to correct other currencies product and commodities after all is up or inflated then precious metal goes lower,Is steel is up than silver and gold???wonder what is the scale they are using to wiegh minute or small products just a comment. Edited by josie

Just posting.

http://blogs.forbes.com/louiswoodhill/2011/05/11/what-is-gold-really-worth/

The value of gold and silver with 3 or 4 numbers of purity and thier counterpart in coins as a legal tender????

US dollar decimal pound Euro bailout????

Predecimal pound large US cent number of dollar in strong peso or PF peso to silver and copper old D in pound,to much older pound to sceattas to byzant and solidus to roman denarius to assarion to drachma to obol to stalkoil to talent shekel and gerah to gold and silver electrum of no inscription to livestock and grain product and commodities???.

I'm wondering if you meant Cayenne or Caymen........Cayenne being the 4x4 that Chris probably thought you were talking about, the Caymen being a nifty little 2 seater