British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Master Jmd

What type of coins do you collect (British)...

What Type of British coins do you collect?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. What Type of British coins do you collect?

• Milled Bronze
    • Milled Silver
    • Milled Gold
    • Milled other
    • Hamered Gold
    • Hammered Silver
    • Hammered other
    • Other

but i still prefer William IV coinage to that of Victoria.

Me too Sylvester! My favourite is the Jubilee head then the Gothic. My fave effigy though is George IV because it seems so animated and ugh I can't describe it - it's wonderful!

I prefer the Young Head, I reckon it's the best out of all the Victorian effigies...

yes, me too :) and Victoria is my faveourite queen...

I prefer the Young Head, I reckon it's the best out of all the Victorian effigies...

yes, me too :) and Victoria is my faveourite queen...

Victoria is my favourite queen as well! :)

Me too Sylvester! My favourite is the Jubilee head then the Gothic. My fave effigy though is George IV because it seems so animated and ugh I can't describe it - it's wonderful!

The Victorian young head is my all time fave effigy, closley followed my the gothic florin effigy, then it's the jubilee head...

My faviorite is the victoria young head, then the Edward VII, then the old head.

Victoria is my faveourite queen

Can't beat Elizabeth!

Which one of her head's is your faviorite? I like her third portrait.

God knows - I just prefer her as a monarch. She did much more than Victoria did...

I always like Queen Mary I, probably the least attractive queen we've had, but for anyone studying history and all the ambiguity going on in the period it's great to come across a Queen that knows her mind and makes it clear. Can't go wrong really, good old Mary! :D

Which one of her head's is your faviorite? I like her third portrait.

Fifth for me.. though this is my nicest condition....

post-25-1084573381_thumb.jpg

But you can't beat a nice Charlie! (sorry - I can't figure out how to add two pictures to one post (or if that's even possible))

post-25-1084573699_thumb.jpg

that is quite nice...

(sorry - I can't figure out how to add two pictures to one post (or if that's even possible))

all you have to do is edit the picture in say microsoft paint, and inclede both pictures in the same picture...then click browse to find your image...

Gorgeous coin, Tom! Have you got any more lined up for purchase?

microsoft paint

No, do it in Photo Editor; Bitmaps take up far too much space and I don't think you can actually upload them to these boards. With PE, it makes them into .jpegs. ;)

Edited by Emperor Oli

No, do it in Photo Editor; Bitmaps take up far too much space and I don't think you can actually upload them to these boards. With PE, it makes them into .jpegs. ;)

i do not have Photo Editor on my PC, and i have uploaded images like this from paint before :)

Chris will be p****d at you they take up a huge amount of room.

Chris will be p****d at you they take up a huge amount of room.

i have nothing elce to do it with :( ...im sorry chris...my PC wont accept Photo shop or coral draw for some strange reason :(

all you have to do is edit the picture in say microsoft paint, and inclede both pictures in the same picture...then click browse to find your image...

Thanks Master JMD, I'll try that.

Bitmaps take up far too much space and I don't think you can actually upload them to these boards. With PE, it makes them into .jpegs
No - bmps don't load. I don't have PE either but I think it may be possible to save from Paint as jpeg..

Thanks Oli. Not for now I'm afraid, and (sadly) nothing of the quality of the last offerings! However I'm happy I have realised enough to pay for the next 'tranche' of Charles 1st. Of course, eventually I will have to face the fact that I have been neglecting Edward, James and Phil & Mary so I'm saving anything else for now (unless anyone wants some 1967 pennies?!!). :lol:

microsoft paint

You can actually save pictures in paint as .jpgs or even .gifs you know Oli! :D

I found that out yesterday actually, doh! :blink:

Milled copper, bronze, silver and Cu-Ni.