British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
7255carl

error coins

hi again,

i was just wondering about the value of error coins, i have a 1963 3d that has a plain unprinted obverse, and was wondering about the value

thanks

carl

hi again,

i was just wondering about the value of error coins, i have a 1963 3d that has a plain unprinted obverse, and was wondering about the value

thanks

carl

Any pictures? If only one side is blank, my first guess would be that it was post mint damage. Does it look like it's been filed or sanded down?

hi again,

thanks

carl

Any pictures? If only one side is blank, my first guess would be that it was post mint damage. Does it look like it's been filed or sanded down?

thanks for the response, heres the picture

coin.doc

hi again,

thanks

carl

thanks for the response, heres the picture

At a guess, I would say that had been put on a lathe (the concentric rings would certainly seem to point to that). If so, you probably have about 3p's worth of brass!

Anybody got any better suggestions?

That's been machined I'm affraid, not an error.

Edited by Gary D

Sorry, but I agree. That has been done on a machine after it was minted.

Yes, definitely. Probably just for fun, but I've got older copper coins that have been hollowed so that you can hide a gold coin under. I notice it was an ebay item from the image, hope it wasn't expensive!

thanks for the responses guys, it was along the lines i was thinking, and luckily the seller was a friend of a friend, so i have just politely given him it back, and said it wasnt what i was looking for.

thanks again, great site and great members!!

keep up the good work