British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
7255carl

2008 10p old design

hi guys, this is probably a stupid question but i got one of the above coins in my change this morning, and wondered if it was worth keeping, as the only 2008 silver i can remember seeing is the new design 5p,

apologies if this is a bit of a daft question

carl

hi guys, this is probably a stupid question but i got one of the above coins in my change this morning, and wondered if it was worth keeping, as the only 2008 silver i can remember seeing is the new design 5p,

apologies if this is a bit of a daft question

carl

Both types are available, in the mint sets at least. Not sure about general circulation, even if sarce it would definitly not be rare

I collect coins from circulation and I was a little surprised to see any 2008 coins with the old design.

So far I have found both designs of 1p and 5p and new designs of 2p and 10p. Now I know that both designs of 10p are out there.

How scarce it is we will only find out in the future. I have noticed more manufacturing defects such as lumps and bubbles in the fields... they're not very well made :/