British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Sylvester

Question about German coins.

Chris do Germans collect coins of the Third Reich? (are they even allowed to? I've noticed some ebay auctions that say that these coins cannot be shipped to France, Austria or Germany).

Anyhow i've always been interested in the Second World War, and i fancy putting together a set or three.

I wonder how much it would cost for a full set of 2 Reichsmark coins in average grades, of all mints?

Or those zinc pfennigs!

Strictly speaking the display of the Swastika is still illegal and punishable by fines and even prison sentences. I have a feeling though that it either doesn't apply to numismatics because they are in a way contemporary 'documents' for historical study, or they turn a blind eye because the coins are so widespread still.

I suspect that it's probably an eBay policy regarding where they can and cannot be sent, for fear of them being sold to Neo Nazis...It could even be the sellers policies. I tried to do some eBay research into WWII helmets, as I have one, but when trying to browse from Germany, the WWII German helmet section was barred!

I currently have quite a selection of 2 Mark, and 5 Mark coins, as well as the smaller denominations. Shall I make a list for you?

A list would be great!

People who want to display the swastika have to apply to the Reichstag for permission. People who do this are historical re-enactors etc.

what's up with you today Oli? Had a bad day? <_<

every post you've done today is a bit off hand, no?

No not really. Things that have annoyed me today:

• Small people
  • Children
  • Slow people
  • Inefficiency
  • Stupid people
  • The "Morgan" bag brigade (stupid girls who have morgan bags and talk about crap)

No not really. Things that have annoyed me today:

• Small people
  • Children
  • Slow people
  • Inefficiency
  • Stupid people
  • The "Morgan" bag brigade (stupid girls who have morgan bags and talk about crap)

The first three really annoy me. :D

Then when you get small 11-yr old slow inefficient stupid girls with Morgan bags it just pushes me over the edge!

At least you don't get old people in schools (no offense old people, we are truly grateful for your experience)

Watch your step Oli, I am 11! :angry:

Hold you tongue, rogue, if you'd cared to pay attention, you would have seen I was in fact referring to 11yr old GIRLS, not boys - or is there something you're not telling us Wilhelmina? :P

Hold you tongue, rogue, if you'd cared to pay attention, you would have seen I was in fact referring to 11yr old GIRLS, not boys - or is there something you're not telling us Wilhelmina? :P

wouldn't happen to be a character in Dracula by the same name would he?

I don't know, I couldn't think of a female equivalent of William so I translated in into German (Wilhelm) and changed the gender to..........Wilhelmina! I wish I had cool fangs like Dracula (I'm getting some veneers soon so it's kinda like it!)

:angry: You're nitpicking again Oli...

I am a boy, but you also mentioned small people, by that I assumed you meant children about my age, no?

You also mentioned children of course, and being 15 you are still a child.... :P

Hmm I doubt that pointing out a whole gender change is nitpicking. Plus many companies class 15-yrs olds as adults. And I find that walking behind small people is annoying, so if you are small and I was walking behind you I would find you annoying.

I don't know, I couldn't think of a female equivalent of William so I translated in into German (Wilhelm) and changed the gender to..........Wilhelmina! I wish I had cool fangs like Dracula (I'm getting some veneers soon so it's kinda like it!)

wilhelm is not only a German name, it is also Korean and chinease if i am not mistaken...

You are mistaken, it's the German cognate of William, not Oriental.

You are mistaken, it's the German cognate of William, not Oriental.

it is just that there is a Korean wilhelm in my year at school and he clames that his name is fully Korean, not German...maybe he is wrong...

Maybe his family have a long history with old Kaiser Bill and named him in honour, like that mad Iraqi woman who named her child George Bush. She said if she had another, it would be called Tony Blair :blink:

Maybe his family have a long history with old Kaiser Bill and named him in honour, like that mad Iraqi woman who named her child George Bush. She said if she had another, it would be called Tony Blair :blink:

:lol: maybe...

i think that that iraq woman was just a bit crazy :)

A bit crazy?! :blink: