British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Chris Perkins

How was the Radio show?

I did my 4th BBC 3 Counties Coin phone in on the Radio on friday just gone (23rd April 2004).

I had to see a small collection somewhere else in Luton first, and despite leaving with half an hour to get to the studio (also in Luton) I managed to get completely lost on the one way system and just went around in circles for half an hour! Myself and my old faithful car was starting to overheat a bit too (picture below for illustrative purposes).

I called the station to admit I was having a stupid moment and was going to be a little late. I got there 10 mins late, and although they were fine about that I was a little flustered, and they had not promoted the phone in as much, without actually seeing the whites of my eyes (understandably). Combine that with the fact it was a beautiful hot day in the middle of the school holidays and this led to a much lower volume of call ins than previously.

I remember that out of perhaps 10 enquiries, 2 of them were actually potentially nice coins, so although I wasn't satisfied was my performance, I was assured it was still good radio. A dealer friend of mine contacted me to request some Nirvana for the next show! Rockin'

This is a picture of my 1972 Triumph 2000. Taken on the same day, but not in Luton. Wonderful 70's luxury, and it gobbled up about 500-600 miles of motorway last week with just 2 flooded float chambers (easily sorted, adds smell and character!)

Not bad at all when you consider she is actually older than nearly all the motorways themselves!

post-31-1082999218_thumb.jpg

Guest Left_Hand_of_Vengeance

Quite frankly I am appalled that someone with such outrageously orange hair as yours would be allowed to frequent the nations airways.

As they used to say on the quality programme "Point of View"

Why! Why! Why! Why! Why! Why! Why! Why! Why! Why! Why! Why! Why! Why! Why! Why! Why! Why!

and in final summation

"Kidney"

Anonymous of Sydenham!!!

John!!!!!

I knew that was you from the name, you really didn't need to put so many hints in the post! You can probably get the broadcast on AM in Sydenham you know.

Didn't you use a similar email address to scare the life out of me by claiming to be someone that I didn't want to know about me ;) Bloody Git!

How are you mate? And how is everyone at my former employers? I emailed Kelly the other month, never got a reply, is she still there?

Guest Guest

Cool Car. How much did it cost? B)

Love the car Chris! :D Who's this John guy? <_<

I worked with John when I was at Bromcom Computers (http:/www.bromcom.com) for just over 3 years about a year and a half ago.

He'll a good chap, if a little geeky ;) and colour blind.

Love the car Chris! :D

Yes, that's my 'UK Triumph'. These are a couple of pictures of the 'German Triumph' that I have downstairs in the garage right now.

It looks nice, has a set of 15" MGF alloys on it, which I feel are far superior to the standard Triumph 13" alloys. Apart from that (and the CD/MP3 player), it is completely original, and has covered less than 37,000 miles since it was built, in Solihull, in the June of 1981.

post-31-1083104851_thumb.jpg

Guest Geeky Moi!!!!

Well that takes the bisucit that does.. I have been called a geek by a coin collecting classic far fan!!!

(erm... hang on I am on a forum for coin collectors I am not gonna get any sympathy from coin collectors)..

But you are SO a ginger.. I am not colour blind :)

(strawberry blonde my arse!!) :)

Free advertising

BUY YOUR COINS FROM CHRIS, HE IS A GREAT BLOKE!!!!

We've never seen a picture of Chris...this gives me an idea!

Yeah, why don't you show us an image of yourself Chris. Pretty please! :D

Geeky Moi (AKA Dungeon and Dragons, role playing John with a scary mask),

My hair is not the colour you describe, if you take the time to look at it closely you'll find it's a mixture of different colours, from blonde, right the way to dark, almost brown in places. You have clearly never seen a real ginger person John.

Thanks for the free advert, as if I needed it among my loyal forumees, but it's nice to have a non coin collector point of view. Now F*$k off!

Only joking mate! Is Kelly still there? Jim? Still see Richard? Shaun?

Guest Guest

Cool Cars got anymore old classics

No, I'm afraid I don't have anymore tucked away. I've had a good few Triumphs in my time though. I think the red one at the top was No. 14 when purchased almost a year ago.

I was averaging a different Triumph every 8 months at one stage! Eat, sleep breathe 'em.

No, I'm afraid I don't have anymore tucked away. I've had a good few Triumphs in my time though. I think the red one at the top was No. 14 when purchased almost a year ago.

I was averaging a different Triumph every 8 months at one stage! Eat, sleep breathe 'em.

have you ever had a triumph spitfire, i love those, i have only ever seen one...

Guest Guest

Has anyone evey driven a Ferrari 360 Spider?

im only 13 :D

Edited by Master J.M.D

And I'm the youngest at 11! :D

I've driven a Porsche Boxter once but not a Ferrari. Twas on a private estate...

Cool, was it easy?

It was ok but I drove it slowly as I wasn't paying for repairs! I've also "taken the wheel" in car parks and swerved round the concrete pillars which is fun, if you ever get the chance to do it.

Master J.M.D: have you ever had a triumph spitfire, i love those, i have only ever seen one...

Yes, I had a wonderful red 1977 Spitfire 1500. I loved that car, but unfortunately it was written off by a bloke in a Citroen. His insurance paid out though, but I never got another.

Master J.M.D: have you ever had a triumph spitfire, i love those, i have only ever seen one...

Yes, I had a wonderful red 1977 Spitfire 1500. I loved that car, but unfortunately it was written off by a bloke in a Citroen. His insurance paid out though, but I never got another.

Hmm wasn't a Citroen 2CV was it? (i mean those things are evil...) :o

I see Chris' radio appearances have earned a mention in the news section of the latest edition of Coin News

Could you scan the article?