British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Guest bob-e

Shipwreck Coins

Guest bob-e

Hi Chris

Am I in the right place?

I have some shipwreck coins 8 reales

And was looking for some info on them.

I notice that the forum is for British coins,

So thought I would ask before cluttering up the forum with pics etc.

I do have some British coins and will come back on those.

but was wanting to start on the reales.

Regards

Bob

:)

ps like the forum and it's set up.

works well.

Thankyou! I'm a numismatic pioneer you know!

I don't know much about shipwreck coins and I only have books that go back to 1800 covering Spanish coins so I don't know if I can help with them.

No problem with the British ones of course.

Chris

www.predecimal.com

Guest bob-e

Hi

;)

Wonder if any one can give me some info on this coin.

Possible value,

It’s an 8 reale and I think it was minted in Seville.

It’s not like the normal pillar dollar.

It has no pillars.

It’s from a shipwreck and has a certificate of authenticity.

Cheers

Bob

coin-01.jpg

Wish I could help you Bob, but as i say, that coin is out of my expertise and not in any of my books!

To be honest I don't think this Forum is well enough established to be attracting enough expert people yet but good luck.

I'll make sure it never expires so maybe you'll get an answer as the forum grows!!! In fact I have mentioned the forum in the token publishing Coin Year Book 2004 so fingers crossed.

Chris

www.predecimal.com

Guest bob-e

B)

Thanks Chris.

I have some one that is interested in some of my 8 reales, that’s why I was pushing them.

Will defo come back to you with the British coins.

Will be a regular visitor to the site and will push it where I can.

The site is well laid out and works great that program you are using is one of the better ones I’ve seen.

Cheers mate

Bob.

Bob,

Thanks.

You're obviously well versed on forums bob, I'm sure you can help me out as this is the first forum I have installed and run. When I bought the web space I ensured it was UNIX and tested and proven to be able to run php pages and access MySQL in the quickest possible time. The chap at my hosting company (who I talk to daily about one thing or another!) recommended Invisionboard as his personal favourite and the board he considered the best after trying similar stuff.

The look of the forum was changed from the default when I found a skin that looked ok, and I set it up and simply promoted it from the index page of the site.

I'm just about to try to find out how you gave yourself a Goldfish logo now...That's a good idea.

Look forward to hearing about your British coins.

Chris

www.predecimal.com

Guest Roger Desouches

just ask me ,I do know my shipwreck pieces,is this the one illustrated later in this string.

If so it's doubtful e spanish mainland 8 reals ,I cannot find in any of my auction catalogs and I have close to 700

but if it were from Mexico or bolivia thatys more like it

roger

Hello Roger,

Welcome to my Forum, it's nice to have someone else who knows their stuff in our midst.

I think Bob was refering to the silver coin shown above.

Chris Perkins

www.predecimal.com