British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  

Anyone else amused by the U-Turn on the EU constitution referendum?

I see T Blair's Fourth Reich is crumbling slowly.

And well done to Mr Howard for really showing BLiar up! :D

Hopefully he will lose the next election and stop his dictatorial style reign.

Ah yes, the Conservatives and the very Speaker of the House called him to the Commons to answer questions but he tried to weasel out of it by sending Jack Straw to take the flak. Roll on the General Election! (If he was clever, he should have called one before the Constitution came up)

The sooner Tony Blair gives up the reins of power the better as far as I am concerned.

The sooner Tony Blair gives up the reins of power the better as far as I am concerned.

amen to that!

I think we need to start the reign of the Conservatives, but don't forget that now everyone is fed up with Tony Blair, the same has hapened with the Conservatives! Do you think LaBORE will lose the next election?

I'm surprised we don't have any Blairites on here who would rally to the cause! It's not going to be hard to choose in the next G.E. We have either a habitual liar (Blair), a drunkard (Kennedy) or a vampire (Howard). Everybody loves vamps so it'll be Howard obviously! :P

I think that Blair will win the next general election even though everone on here (including me) favour other candidates.

Hmm problem is like William stated.

We're fed up with Blair now, but just remember how many people swore they'd never vote Conservative again after the anti-Chri, erm Thatcher. :D

I am going to ask what probably sounds like a stupid question but why do so many people hate Baroness Thatcher?

I don't hate her, I just don't agree with some of the things she did during her term.

I am going to ask what probably sounds like a stupid question but why do so many people hate Baroness Thatcher?

Well coming from a working class family as i do that relied on heavy industry (and yes there is a steelworks across the road), she destroyed this country's industry, she sold out to abroad. (now we have to buy stuff in from abroad)

The age old Conservative Motto - "if it ain't broke don't fix it", Thatcher didn't follow that she tinkered with everything and screwed the whole damn lot up.

She was no conservative in the traditional sense, her and her stupid new right, i hate her more than i hate Blair. (As i am of the old right).

And she ruined everything by Privatising (If you think that privatisation really improved the railways then you are living in cloud cuckoland), and she was trying her best to destroy the NHS.

Higher unemployment, the rich got richer, the poorer got poorer... some improvement! :rolleyes:

Well, you either love her or you hate her. Ane I don't really like her simply because she couldn't run a funrun never mind a country!

Well, you either love her or you hate her. Ane I don't really like her simply because she couldn't run a funrun never mind a country!

she couldn't crack an egg with a spoon.

I wonder what the country would be like if she was actually a good Prime Minister.

Maybe we would be the world superpower instead of America!

Now if Winston Churchill hadn't kissed Roosie's backside so much and let him take Britain for a right fool, then we may well have been still a great power.

The best thing about Margaret Thatcher was when they put that statue of her in the guildhall in London and that bloke went in and knocked the head off it :)

Seriously... privatisation was a big mistake. The profit motive doesn't work for service industries and nobody seems to have come up with a decent service motive. These companies are run by people from business and they are used to being rewarded for making more profit... which is fine... but a profit making company does not necessarily provide the best levels of service. We need people in charge who are motivated to provide good service... their rewards need to be tied to the service they provide and not the profit they make.

Some people say bring back National Service... well, if you take that idea and then think of the civil service as well as the armed forces... what do you think? Or maybe graduates can work for the civil service as a way of repaying their debt.

All you young Tories... you don't remember what it was like! I hope you've started your pension saving already...

• Like 1

Tories to form the next government. :ph34r:

Hmmmmm

Are their enough of them out of prison now to be able to form a government???

Some people have short memories.

Screw pensions - property is the way to go, haven't you heard? As for the Churchill-FDR thing, Britain was in dire straits and needed American help, lend-lease simply wasn't as good as a country standing side-by-side. However much you want to debate it, the war simply could not have been won without help from America.

Fair point, fair point. However, there have been many, to say the least questionable descisions made by the British government involving America.

Undoubtably but Sylvester's comment was WWII and I was addressing that however your point is still a very germane one. IMHO, we were right to follow the U.S into Iraq as that strengthened the transatlantic ties. I would rather be with America than Europe any day!

So would I to tell you the truth but I just don't like the idea of Britain being the lapping dog of America which is the popular opinion of most people.

Undoubtably but Sylvester's comment was WWII and I was addressing that however your point is still a very germane one. IMHO, we were right to follow the U.S into Iraq as that strengthened the transatlantic ties. I would rather be with America than Europe any day!

i'm not disputing the fact that the US was needed

I just think Churchill shouldn't have been as quick to roll over at every US command. By that i mean he commited usfinancially to the US, rather than standing equal with the US he made us in debt with them, and caused us to have to pay them alot back.

Also it was the fall of Britain after WWII that gave way to the rise of the US.

I think Churchill could have played it a bit more tactically.

At that time however, the U.K was poor. Even though it had a huge empire, all its money was tied up in that. Without fiscal backing from the U.S, we couldn't have survived. Remember that the U.S (before it became involved) was dead againt the "European War" as it was in isolation and by not rolling over to every U.S command, our relationship could have been jeopardized.