British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

I keep my coins in coin albums but have found recently that I spend more time on the hobby and less time looking at my coins. So I have ordered 4 large traditional coin trays from Predecimal.com. I think this will make access to my coins a lot simpler and therefore I will spend more time studying them.

Can anyone advise if it’s ok just to place the coins in the trays or will I still need to protect them with coin frames or the clear flips etc.

Thanks

Mark

They should be ok it the trays 'naked' but obviously monitor them often in case they are in a damp environment or have other external factors in play.

I hope to post them out within a couple of days! Order volume at the time of year is increased and Lighthouse tend to slow down with deliveries too.

They should be ok it the trays 'naked' but obviously monitor them often in case they are in a damp environment or have other external factors in play.

I hope to post them out within a couple of days! Order volume at the time of year is increased and Lighthouse tend to slow down with deliveries too.

My collection is kept in a spare bedroom which has been converted into an office, the temperature of the room is constant to the rest of the house (around 20 degrees), but I will take your advice and monitor the coins.

Hopefully they will be delivered before Christmas which will give me time over the holiday to sort things out, thanks Chris.

Edited by Mark Sarul

I received the trays today, thanks Chris, just in time for Christmas.

Frohe Weihnachten as thay say in your neck of the woods.

I was in England over Christmas actually.

It was an interesting trip with a very expensive begininng and end. I'll probably put more details in the non coin part as it wasn't really anything to do with coins.

I was in England over Christmas actually.

It was an interesting trip with a very expensive begininng and end. I'll probably put more details in the non coin part as it wasn't really anything to do with coins.

Delivering coin trays?

Mine also arrived on 24th.

No, I didn't deliver any personally. I was supposed to deliver a book, but forgot to take it with!

But, had my bonnet not tore off my car while travelling at 70mph and had the police not stopped me for speeding on the way to the airport (in a hire car) then I wouldn't have missed my flight and I wouldn't have had to stay an extra day. Had I not stayed an extra day, I wouldn't have bought lots of .500 scrap silver from a man in Enfield and I wouldn't have made a nice little profit to cover some of my car related expenses over Christmas! Funny how things work out.

No, I didn't deliver any personally. I was supposed to deliver a book, but forgot to take it with!

But, had my bonnet not tore off my car while travelling at 70mph and had the police not stopped me for speeding on the way to the airport (in a hire car) then I wouldn't have missed my flight and I wouldn't have had to stay an extra day. Had I not stayed an extra day, I wouldn't have bought lots of .500 scrap silver from a man in Enfield and I wouldn't have made a nice little profit to cover some of my car related expenses over Christmas! Funny how things work out.

I take it you got 3 points for Christmas then Chris.

Primarily I keep my silver coins in the coin trays but would copper and bronze coins also be alright placed naked in the trays?

Mark

Primarily I keep my silver coins in the coin trays but would copper and bronze coins also be alright placed naked in the trays?

Mark

Copper and bronze needs more careful storage than silver, and protection from the elements. I use coin cabinets originally got from the leading supplier (can't remember the name - based in St Leonards On Sea?) - these use red felt for the coins and they have served me well. However, I don't know if this was a special fabric or just any old red felt. Most coin trays you see have this same red fabric in them, and it is neutral and non-reactive.

Mark

Copper and bronze needs more careful storage than silver, and protection from the elements. I use coin cabinets originally got from the leading supplier (can't remember the name - based in St Leonards On Sea?) - these use red felt for the coins and they have served me well. However, I don't know if this was a special fabric or just any old red felt. Most coin trays you see have this same red fabric in them, and it is neutral and non-reactive.

I also have a coin cabinet from St Leonards On Sea. All my bronze is toning nicely :(

post-462-1246469680_thumb.jpg