50 Years of RotographicPredecimal.com. British Numismatic Trade Association Member - One of the most popular websites on British coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Collectors' Coins Great Britain 2014 Standard Guide to Grading British Coins British and Empire Campaign Medals 1793 to 1902British and Irish Campaign Medals 1902 to 2010England's Striking History Roman Base Metal Coins - A Price Guide Roman Silver Coins - A Price Guide  Available for Kindle Available as .epub
The Current Rotographic printed book titles on Amazon. Click the Kindle icon above to see the Rotographic range for Kindle. Click the .epub icon to purchase as .epub direct from Rotographic.

50 Years of RotographicRotographic.com Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals.

Photo

Check Your Change 2008 Edition.

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Chris Perkins

Chris Perkins

Proprietor of Predecimal.com and Rotographic Publications

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,289 posts
  • Interests:Nummi gratia fori defensor

Well obviously British coins. Classic cars (mainly Triumph and other BL masterpieces of the 70s). Heavy old rock music from prog to metal (Pink Floyd, Sabbath, Zep, Rammstein etc etc). I still fancy Kylie Minogue.

Posted 04 December 2007 - 04:29 PM

Late in 2007 (possibly early 2008) a new edition of Check Your Change will be available.

The first modern edition since the 1960s (published in 2007) sold very quickly, proving my incling that there would be enough interest in the current GB coinage to warrant a new edition of the book that - for so many, including Rotographic - started it all off!

Chris Perkins
British Numismatic Trade Association (BNTA) Member.

Predecimal.com
Coins, accessories and Information.
Rotographic.com
Numismatic publications.

CCGB20143Dmini.jpg GBCsmall3d.jpg BECM3Dmini.jpgBICM3Dmini.jpgESH3ds.jpg RBM3ds.jpg RSC3ds.jpg  kindle_48.png epub_48.png

The Current Rotographic book titles on Amazon. Click the Kindle icon above to see the Rotographic range for Kindle. Click the .epub icon to purchase as .epub direct from Rotographic.

This isn't just a forum - Purchase British coins, collecting accessories and books on www.predecimal.com

#2 Red Riley

Red Riley

Forum God

• Numismatic Research Group
  • 1,786 posts
  • Interests:Almost anything British and numismatic from Celtic through Roman, Mediaeval etc. The largest chunk of my collection is in bronze pennies which I collected from the late sixties to the present day.

Posted 05 December 2007 - 12:33 AM

Late in 2007 (possibly early 2008) a new edition of Check Your Change will be available.

The first modern edition since the 1960s (published in 2007) sold very quickly, proving my incling that there would be enough interest in the current GB coinage to warrant a new edition of the book that - for so many, including Rotographic - started it all off!

A good move in my view. The reason why 'Check Your Change' sold so well in the 1960s was because theoretically, there was 150 years worth of coinage in circulation providing the (albeit remote) possibility that all sorts of rarities could turn up. Clearly there was little point in producing a similar book until a good many years had passed. Coins in circulation can now be anything up to 36 years old, and with the passing years, the demand for Check Your Change can only increase.

#3 Peter

Peter

Mr R Sleeker

• 5,472 posts
  • Interests:Coins,fishing and British sports cars

Posted 05 December 2007 - 10:24 AM

I just keep squirreling away 1988 £1 coins and pre 1992 copper ;)

#4 kena

kena

Starter member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 09:37 PM

Just found this site....any plans for a 2009 edition or should I just buy the 2008 edition?

Book sounds very interesting for collector who likes thru coins from circulation.

Ken

#5 Chris Perkins

Chris Perkins

• Admin
  • 5,289 posts

Well obviously British coins. Classic cars (mainly Triumph and other BL masterpieces of the 70s). Heavy old rock music from prog to metal (Pink Floyd, Sabbath, Zep, Rammstein etc etc). I still fancy Kylie Minogue.

Posted 26 March 2009 - 11:47 PM

Should be a 2009 (or 2010) edition later in the year. Won't be for a while though. The current one is good but doesn't include the new design coinage.

Chris Perkins

Predecimal.com
Rotographic.com
Numismatic publications.

CCGB20143Dmini.jpg GBCsmall3d.jpg BECM3Dmini.jpgBICM3Dmini.jpgESH3ds.jpg RBM3ds.jpg RSC3ds.jpg  kindle_48.png epub_48.png

The Current Rotographic book titles on Amazon. Click the Kindle icon above to see the Rotographic range for Kindle. Click the .epub icon to purchase as .epub direct from Rotographic.

#6 scott

scott

Forum God

• 2,348 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 01:15 AM

well the minting figues for 08 are out too, cant wait to get hold of this i never see the book, and i really want a copy with the new coins in.

#7 1949threepence

1949threepence

Forum God

• 2,064 posts
  • Interests:Wine, women and coins

Posted 24 July 2009 - 07:14 PM

Interesting. I actually received an almost BU 1975 2p in my change yesterday.

I always wonder where the heck they've been over the years.

#8 scott

scott

Forum God

• 2,348 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 09:38 PM

probably in piggy banks, tins etc
I find a fair chunk of 90's stuff in EF, even found a 1983 pound with full lustre a few years ago

#9 Sylvester

Sylvester

Forum God

• Expert Member
  • 3,031 posts
  • Interests:USA Standing Liberty Quarters
    Post 1992 decimal 10ps
    Early Milled
    King Stephen pennies

Posted 29 July 2009 - 05:56 PM

The earliest lustrous bronze I ever seem to find is late 80s stuff. I too found a lustrous and AU 1992 Pound coin the other day. Some mid-90s 20p's also.
Twenty Groats short of a Noble...

George II Young Head Sixpences 1728-1741
US Standing Liberty Quarters 1917-1930
GB Ten Pences 1992-2008

#10 scott

scott

Forum God

• 2,348 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 05:59 PM

my best find.. EF lustrous small head 1992 20p :D

#11 Sylvester

Sylvester

Forum God

• Expert Member
  • 3,031 posts
  • Interests:USA Standing Liberty Quarters
    Post 1992 decimal 10ps
    Early Milled
    King Stephen pennies

Posted 29 July 2009 - 06:03 PM

That's one coin I can't find a small head 20p!
Twenty Groats short of a Noble...

George II Young Head Sixpences 1728-1741
US Standing Liberty Quarters 1917-1930
GB Ten Pences 1992-2008

#12 scott

scott

Forum God

• 2,348 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 11:20 PM

i only have 3 1992's... 2 of em are small head lol those be my future investments.. hopefully they become like the 1858 small date farthing.
i have 2 types of 2005 10p too lol

#13 andyscouse

andyscouse

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Interests:C20th UK bronze
    C20th UK silver
    C20th UK gold
    Trying to assemble a nice C20th collection in decent grades!

Posted 19 August 2010 - 06:49 PM

I just got this book from the website, and it's a great read!

I'll have just over a week to sift change when I visit the UK for a week later this year :)

Interestingly, it seems to be the case that "older" UK bronze is almost never found shiny ... but in the US, I continually find shiny 1¢ and 5¢ coins going back to about 1963/4, and shiny examples of the 70's, 80's and 90's are still pretty common. Of course, they all had huge mintages, but I just think it's interesting when compared to the scarcity of finding, for example, any 1970's UK bronze in lustrous condition. Even a fair few lustrous 1970s and 1980s 25¢ coins can be found in change. And the odd 90% silver!

#14 steve k

steve k

Starter member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 07:51 PM

Got the book its great. After thinking long and hard about what coins to collect I've decided to collect only coins that I find in my change. I've been doing this for a bout 4 weeks now. I've managed to find all sorts of 50 pences and a 1988 pound. Its great fun. Can any one help in telling me what jems I should be looking out for. (I'm Aware of the two pence new pence, the 2008 twenty pence mule and the 2008 twenty pence die crack)
Thanks. .Steve.

#15 steve k

steve k

Starter member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 07:51 PM

Got the book its great. After thinking long and hard about what coins to collect I've decided to collect only coins that I find in my change. I've been doing this for a bout 4 weeks now. I've managed to find all sorts of 50 pences and a 1988 pound. Its great fun. Can any one help in telling me what jems I should be looking out for. (I'm Aware of the two pence new pence, the 2008 twenty pence mule and the 2008 twenty pence die crack)
Thanks. .Steve.

#16 steve k

steve k

Starter member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 07:52 PM

Thanks. .Steve.

#17 steve k

steve k

Starter member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 07:52 PM

Thanks. .Steve.

#18 Peckris

Peckris

Former God (now redundant)

• 8,815 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 10:08 PM

Thanks. .Steve.

Your post so good they named it twice ... er, FOUR times ? :o

#19 Greg

Greg

Regular participating member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Interests:Computing, Reptiles

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:37 PM

After having a read around, I've decided and just ordered 'check yor change' from the main site. Looking forward to reading through it.

That's two orders in a few days. Oh dear I can see my money being spent often!
First an AUNC 1901penny. Now this

Edited by Greg, 17 January 2013 - 08:37 PM.

#20 Chris Perkins

Chris Perkins

• Admin
  • 5,289 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:39 PM

Keep going, keep going!

Chris Perkins

Predecimal.com
Rotographic.com
Numismatic publications.