British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Chris Perkins

Check Your Change 2008 Edition.

Late in 2007 (possibly early 2008) a new edition of Check Your Change will be available.

The first modern edition since the 1960s (published in 2007) sold very quickly, proving my incling that there would be enough interest in the current GB coinage to warrant a new edition of the book that - for so many, including Rotographic - started it all off!

Late in 2007 (possibly early 2008) a new edition of Check Your Change will be available.

The first modern edition since the 1960s (published in 2007) sold very quickly, proving my incling that there would be enough interest in the current GB coinage to warrant a new edition of the book that - for so many, including Rotographic - started it all off!

A good move in my view. The reason why 'Check Your Change' sold so well in the 1960s was because theoretically, there was 150 years worth of coinage in circulation providing the (albeit remote) possibility that all sorts of rarities could turn up. Clearly there was little point in producing a similar book until a good many years had passed. Coins in circulation can now be anything up to 36 years old, and with the passing years, the demand for Check Your Change can only increase.

I just keep squirreling away 1988 £1 coins and pre 1992 copper ;)

Just found this site....any plans for a 2009 edition or should I just buy the 2008 edition?

Book sounds very interesting for collector who likes thru coins from circulation.

Ken

Should be a 2009 (or 2010) edition later in the year. Won't be for a while though. The current one is good but doesn't include the new design coinage.

well the minting figues for 08 are out too, cant wait to get hold of this i never see the book, and i really want a copy with the new coins in.

Interesting. I actually received an almost BU 1975 2p in my change yesterday.

I always wonder where the heck they've been over the years.

probably in piggy banks, tins etc

I find a fair chunk of 90's stuff in EF, even found a 1983 pound with full lustre a few years ago

The earliest lustrous bronze I ever seem to find is late 80s stuff. I too found a lustrous and AU 1992 Pound coin the other day. Some mid-90s 20p's also.

my best find.. EF lustrous small head 1992 20p :D

That's one coin I can't find a small head 20p!

i only have 3 1992's... 2 of em are small head lol those be my future investments.. hopefully they become like the 1858 small date farthing.

i have 2 types of 2005 10p too lol

I just got this book from the website, and it's a great read!

I'll have just over a week to sift change when I visit the UK for a week later this year :)

Interestingly, it seems to be the case that "older" UK bronze is almost never found shiny ... but in the US, I continually find shiny 1¢ and 5¢ coins going back to about 1963/4, and shiny examples of the 70's, 80's and 90's are still pretty common. Of course, they all had huge mintages, but I just think it's interesting when compared to the scarcity of finding, for example, any 1970's UK bronze in lustrous condition. Even a fair few lustrous 1970s and 1980s 25¢ coins can be found in change. And the odd 90% silver!

Got the book its great. After thinking long and hard about what coins to collect I've decided to collect only coins that I find in my change. I've been doing this for a bout 4 weeks now. I've managed to find all sorts of 50 pences and a 1988 pound. Its great fun. Can any one help in telling me what jems I should be looking out for. (I'm Aware of the two pence new pence, the 2008 twenty pence mule and the 2008 twenty pence die crack)

Thanks. .Steve.

Got the book its great. After thinking long and hard about what coins to collect I've decided to collect only coins that I find in my change. I've been doing this for a bout 4 weeks now. I've managed to find all sorts of 50 pences and a 1988 pound. Its great fun. Can any one help in telling me what jems I should be looking out for. (I'm Aware of the two pence new pence, the 2008 twenty pence mule and the 2008 twenty pence die crack)

Thanks. .Steve.

Thanks. .Steve.

Thanks. .Steve.

Thanks. .Steve.

Your post so good they named it twice ... er, FOUR times ? :o

After having a read around, I've decided and just ordered 'check yor change' from the main site. Looking forward to reading through it.

That's two orders in a few days. Oh dear I can see my money being spent often!

First an AUNC 1901penny. Now this

Edited by Greg

Keep going, keep going!